1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Woolrich WM FW10

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by robin, Jan 18, 2010.

1. racknac

racknac Senior member

no it was a local boutique shop. If it was in the low-mid $300s then I would have picked it up... or if I hadn't just dropped $400 at Barneys before I went into the store.

2. meso

meso Senior member

At this point I'd personally hold off, if just because it's out of season and will probably pop up for less.

I just snagged a maine guide jacket NWT for $100 on ebay... earlier season, linen, more lightweight, but whatever, I live in LA.

3. hansj

hansj Well-Known Member

I agree, 400 sounds a lot. I picked a black one up from the current season in late October from Bloomingdales for only 250. They had some early aggressive sales this fall. Almost as good as the Gilt sale. Great jacket and a great last season. I also got 5 shirts, two pairs of ranger pants and at last the stag jacket in navy from the Gilt sale. Never saw one in the NY stores. Hope I will like it! Wonder about the fit.

4. meso

meso Senior member

Could you say what you think of the stag jacket? I kinda wish I picked one up for only a bill.

5. hboogz

hboogz Senior member

Impulse kopped a pair of these [​IMG] Wool/Cotton WWM Jeans in Navy Black.
    Just got these...while nice, I'm on the fence on whether I want to keep them. If anyone is interested, PM me. They are a size 36 and I'm looking to get what I spent (tax, shipping)

6. hansj

hansj Well-Known Member

Just got my delivery from Gilt. Corduroy pants, 2 shirts and the navy cotton/poly stag jacket. The jacket is great but just to small for me. I have the same size (medium)main guide jacket from this season, that fits very similar and also quiet tight, but fits. This one is just to small on me, could just get a t-shirt under it comfortly. I usually wear a medium in EG and WWM and I even have some small shirts that fit. Maybe I gained some weight over the hollidays! I should have gotten a large.
    I will return it. If anybody is interested i would sell for cost ($99) + tax and shipping or trade for a large.

7. meso

meso Senior member

My package arrived today. The pen jacket fits well for me in the chest. The material is a little lightweight so it does feel a little "floppier" than say a wool upland or lined blazer. Slightly looser around the waist by maybe 1-2" than other WWM. Overall I'm pleased -- LA is too hot for a serious wool jacket!

If anybody has a stag jacket in L they don't want, drop me a line!

8. adamha21

adamha21 Senior member

9. ennui

ennui Senior member

My package arrived today. The pen jacket fits well for me in the chest. The material is a little lightweight so it does feel a little "floppier" than say a wool upland or lined blazer. Slightly looser around the waist by maybe 1-2" than other WWM. Overall I'm pleased -- LA is too hot for a serious wool jacket!

These are my thoughts exactly. I disagree with earlier comments about the fit of the pen jacket - it's not slim but that's the wrong thing to expect from WWM anyway. I think it fits fine on me, and you can't beat the price.

I also got the wool upland in S. The chest is perfect, but it's around an inch or so too long in the body for me (I'm 5'5"). I'm debating whether or not to spend the $$ to alter it or to just dump it on here or EBay. Decisions decisions.

10. Radiocure

Radiocure Member

Did anyone buy the stream jacket, and if so were they happy with the purchase? Is it warm enough for nyc type climate? Also, at 6ft/175lb, I figure a large would work....

Thanks for any help.

11. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

Did anyone buy the stream jacket, and if so were they happy with the purchase? Is it warm enough for nyc type climate? Also, at 6ft/175lb, I figure a large would work....

Thanks for any help.

a medium or large depending on how much you layer. it certainly wont get you through the nyc winters but it would be a great piece for early fall or late spring.

12. Radiocure

Radiocure Member

a medium or large depending on how much you layer. it certainly wont get you through the nyc winters but it would be a great piece for early fall or late spring.

Thanks for the feedback, I ended up pulling the trigger! It was to unique a piece to pass up.

13. Radiocure

Radiocure Member

As a FYI: I was in Nepenthes today and they had the Maine guide jacket in the blue/black plaid. The one on the rack was a large, but was told there were additional sizes in the back.

14. adamha21

adamha21 Senior member

What was the price on it?

15. Radiocure

Radiocure Member

What was the price on it?
    Sadly it was list, so like 550 and change. It didn't look like they were putting anything on sale as I went through all the EG racks and the few WWM items they had. Although as a disclaimer, that was my first time there in a while, so I can't say they didn't before. There was small shipment of EG spring items, so maybe they will start to discount stuff once the rest of the shipment arrives.

16. monologuist

monologuist Well-Known Member

Anyone looking for any of the following, hit me up...great pieces from the Gilt sale (I will only want whatever I spent plus shipping, so deeply discounted):
    - WWM wool denim jeans, size 32
    - WWM herringbone wool jeans, size 32
    - WWM Navy Black wool Stag Jac Jacket, M

Great pieces , all made in USA

17. ffatt

ffatt Senior member

Hey guys,

The Cord Norfolk is FW08 or FW10? I missed out on my size on Yoox. If anybody is interested in selling in S or M I have put up a WTB ad. I will pay up to 200 USD for it.

Thanks,

18. sealucky

sealucky Senior member

damn, I still need WWM Wool Hunting Balaclava Black. S or M, I'm not sure