• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

marmot8

Reaction score
Apologies for my continuing to ask about the Obenauf's products, but can anyone estimate how much of each one uses when conditioning a new pair of boots? I see that the oil comes in an 8oz size or 16oz, and the LP comes in either 4oz or 8oz. I would assume I order the larger sizes to have, but want to check to see if perhaps the smaller size will suffice.

TheSizzle

Reaction score
Apologies for my continuing to ask about the Obenauf's products, but can anyone estimate how much of each one uses when conditioning a new pair of boots? I see that the oil comes in an 8oz size or 16oz, and the LP comes in either 4oz or 8oz. I would assume I order the larger sizes to have, but want to check to see if perhaps the smaller size will suffice.

I doubt it would even take you an ounce of the LP to double-coat a pair of boots.

gfloridafan93

Reaction score
Do you guys generally take a whole size off or just a half? I wear 8.5-9 shoe, so I don't know if I should go with a 7.5 or 8. Also, is cranesboots.com legit? They have them on sale, but I've never purchased anything from them.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Do you guys generally take a whole size off or just a half? I wear 8.5-9 shoe, so I don't know if I should go with a 7.5 or 8. Also, is cranesboots.com legit? They have them on sale, but I've never purchased anything from them.

Size is based on your correctly taken Brannock measurement. At most under special circumstances you can get away with going a half size down. Is cranesboots legit? LOL! Bet on it. We've been an affiliate vendor here for 5 years.

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I take a half size off my Brannock size. They fit similarly to Alden Barrie/Trubalance last, which is also .5 down from Brannock size.

Psalmanazar

Reaction score
Size is based on your correctly taken Brannock measurement. At most under special circumstances you can get away with going a half size down. Is cranesboots legit? LOL! Bet on it. We've been an affiliate vendor here for 5 years.

How bad would a full size down be? I measure an 11.5, tried on an 11 at Nordstrom's and still had well over half an inch of toe room (I had troubble hitting the the end of toebox sliding my foot forward with the boot unlaced)with the ball of my right foot being behind the widest part of the shoe. I got into the 10.5 rather easily. Since Nordstroms has an excellent return policy, should I just buy the 10.5 and see if I toejam when walking downhill? Is there a way to test for toejamming in the store?

marmot8

Reaction score
How bad would a full size down be? I measure an 11.5, tried on an 11 at Nordstrom's and still had well over half an inch of toe room (I had troubble hitting the the end of toebox sliding my foot forward with the boot unlaced)with the ball of my right foot being behind the widest part of the shoe. I got into the 10.5 rather easily. Since Nordstroms has an excellent return policy, should I just buy the 10.5 and see if I toejam when walking downhill? Is there a way to test for toejamming in the store?
I'm normally an 11.5 (sometimes an 11E), 12 in athletic shoes, but went with a 10.5. Hoping the heel stretches a tad, but like you I thought I was slipping in the 11.

Psalmanazar

Reaction score
Thanks. I have very similar sizes but have anvil feet. (12 in Vans, 12.5 in narrower sneakers, 11-11.5 D in dress shoes as I have a wide foot with a narrow heel so going to E caused tons of slippage) I will go with the 10.5 if I get them and exploit Normstroms return policy if I toejam walking downhill. I still can't decide between them and Iron Rangers though for black boots. I wear APC New Standards about 90% of the time so I'm worried about clunkiness with the Iron Rangers and the sole on the Wolverines but at least I'll be able to wear out hte leather sole on the 1000 Miles and replace it with Dainite.

Last edited:

gfloridafan93

Reaction score
I love the reddish tent in both the brown and rust colors. However, I am having trouble deciding which color to get. Which color do you guys prefer? Also, if I oiled either one, would it lose the red color in them?

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

jmaudi0

Reaction score
4oz LP lasts a loooooooooong time

chen04

Reaction score
Will venetian shoe cream help with scuffs? or will i need to use meltonian cream? what shade matches wolverine 1k brown?

nevereast

Reaction score

I'm about half way done with 4oz and applied it to what I would consider 15 layers of a boot sized object.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads