1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Rollin Tumble, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

All of this is covered in the sizing guide that I wrote. With that said it appears there's a significant difference in sizing between your feet. You might have to reside to the fact that these boots may not work for you.

2. Evodem

Evodem Active Member

Yeah that unfortunately sounds like that's going to be the case. I ordered them already so I'll try it on again when they get here. Can always return if it doesn't work out and be on the hunt for another pair of boots. Thanks man.

3. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Senior member

What exactly is the sale?

1 person likes this.
  4. kentyman

kentyman Senior member

I'd love to know more about the McClean.

Are they basically just regular 1000 Miles but with a cap toe? @Deep Gully , is that what you meant by "double toe"? Do they come in any colors other than what looks like Brown Chromexcel? Is that a single butyl sole?

$229.90 seems like the cheapest way to get one's first 1000 Miles. Any other less-than-$350 options out there to consider?

5. f800gs

f800gs Senior member

I picked up the McClean last week. Looks like just a captoe brown 1000 mile boot.
    Only available in the one make up brown captoe.

Excellent fit and finish made in USA etc.

I really like mine for the price this is a no brainer.

6. MarioImpemba

MarioImpemba Senior member

McClean appears to have the butyl sole which should wear better.

7. Neognosis

Neognosis Senior member

8. milw50717

milw50717 Senior member

Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  9. unchangeable

unchangeable Member

They cost 1/3 less than the 1k, and with the beefy/lug sole, have slightly less "dress" pretensions than the 1k.

But yeah, worse than the damage is that they thought it was a good idea to put that in their product photo.

Or knew it wasn't a good idea and being that they're a small startup just didn't realize they had options.

Can imagine the anxiety that caused.

Nice looking boots otherwise. Wonder how the fit is.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
  10. milw50717

milw50717 Senior member

They say they fit true to size.

They struck me as a cross between the 1K and the Redwing Beckman. Only available for pre-order with no indication of delivery timeframe on the embryonic website. Kickstarter website is not that helpful either. Like the look of the roughout boot though, but I shall resist as my next boot purchase really should be a pair of the William Lennon B5 boot and I really don't need another pair of footwear at this point.

11. mr monty

mr monty Senior member

free shipping and easy to return

12. wj4

wj4 Senior member

How did you guys size the McClean? Nordstrom's said true to size, but I'm tempted to size half down just like I did with my first and only pair of Wolverine 1K.

13. f800gs

f800gs Senior member

I measure 12.5 on the branock and a 12 fit great with a thick smartwool hiking sock.

14. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Thanks, bud. I ordered them the same size as all of my other Red Wings and Chippewas.

15. gfloridafan93

gfloridafan93 Senior member

Do these fit the same as red wing iron rangers?

16. striker

striker Senior member

The iron ranger fits narrower. Lengthwise the are similar. Off the box, my 1Ks were much more comfortable but red wings are better made IMHO.

1 person likes this.
  17. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Senior member

Does redwing make its ironranger line?

18. Neognosis

Neognosis Senior member

Those of you that haven't taken your ball and gone home by blocking me know that I've complained about my 1Ks because of the absolutely crappy chromexcel used on them.

I have had a bad attitude about chromexcel due to these boots, but I learned something in another thread on this forum which leads me to believe that the chromexcel used on my right boot must have come from the shoulder or belly of an older cow. I shouldn't use it as an example to judge all chromexcel by.

However, it speaks poorly of the venerated Horween tannery that they even produced this particular piece of junk leather. It probably should have been shrunken up and sold as "bullhide."

I'm considering those Malvin and Joyce boots and giving chromexcel a second chance...

19. milw50717

milw50717 Senior member

It be hereby witnessed, this 21st day of July in the year of our lord 2014, that the wrinkly condition that so strickens some, but not all, CXL be no longer known as 'veiny bull penis' and that henceforth it be called 'bull belly' or 'unshrunken bullhide'

Signed

The readers of StyleForum.net

3 people like this.
  20. Evodem

Evodem Active Member

Does everyone wear thicker socks with their boots? If so any recommendations?