1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Rollin Tumble, Feb 1, 2010.

1. loug

loug Well-Known Member

using the thin Dr. Scholl's here.

2. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

http://www.styleforum.net/t/98057/workwear-authenticity-details-and-context/45#post_1672968

1 person likes this.
  3. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

What other components are in the Doc Marten balm? Is it a blend or straight out coconut oil?

In regards to the Lathams I just received. The leather is Orion which is an oiled rough out. So I'm thinking I'll go with lexol conditioner when they need it. I might go with LP oil or Filson boot oil down the road but that will be a bridge I cross when I get there. I WILL NOT use LP or snoseal on these. If I wanted a beeswax finish I would have bought boots with that type of leather.

DWF ships GlenKaren and Bicks products with his boots. Does anyone know exactly what products he ships?

Anrobit, understand this very clearly. You have made bold claims about the virtues of coconut oil as a leather conditioner. I have asked very specific questions and you either can't or won't answer them. You are not going to be successful in avoiding those questions no matter how much baiting and deflecting you throw at me. People are putting this shit on very expensive shoes. Since you have no fucking information about the long term effects of applying this to shoes boots or anything. What are you going to do if a few years down the road this shit ends up destroying shit? Blame it on the clickers?

While we're at it what exactly do you do with leather? Are you a shoemaker? A professional restorer? Fine leather goods maker? Or are you just another amateur hack who plays around with leather as a hobby?

Within 8 minutes of receiving the boots back from smith he was issued a full refund.

Oh and in celebration of the last few days of "entertainment" we're throwing another deal. The rules have changed slightly thanks to a few people but the deal covers the entire 1K line domestic or import and any available size that W or we have in stock. The discount won't be published and you have to call the store to place your order. My new found friends ARE NOT going to bomb this thread to call Nordstroms for a price match. Don't pm or ask for discount codes via email. None will be provided and for that you can thank my new found friends for that as well.

4. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Perhaps you shouldn't be so lazy. Click the view profile and there's your answer.

1 person likes this.
  5. clintfisher

clintfisher Member

Any chance I can get in on this? I ordered some tans from you guys that haven't yet showed up to your store yet from Wolverine.

6. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

I know that. I also know that you can in fact determine if an oil is acidic, neutral or alkaline and measure it. I don't now how it's done but it's done and then the oil can be messed with to get the pH value you want.

7. sam eh

sam eh Active Member

haha... this from the guy who refuses to Google coconut oil because he wants to be told.

8. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Clint pm me about your order. Most likely you got the discount already.

9. misterjuiceman

misterjuiceman Senior member

How long do we have for the deal? Also, is it limited to one per customer?

10. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Jokes on you, rest assured.

11. Mazzasan

Mazzasan Well-Known Member

+1 on the Smartwool recommendation. Almost exclusively wear wool socks with my boots and Medium and Large gauge thickness Smartwool is getting me through our very cold Cdn winter.

2 people like this.
  12. cathpah

cathpah Senior member

You avoided the question three times, all while you were asking others to google the ph of coconut oil for you. Who's lazy?

Also, when I click your profile, all I see is some cheesy selective color photo of a girl's loins (cheesy/cliché much?). There's nothing there that says you don't own Crane's and are instead just the web guy...quite the contrary, given your profile photo and username, one would certainly assume that you're the owner. If it wasn't for Zippy answering the question for you, I'd still be wondering.

This thread has been thoroughly illuminating...partially to the frequency of severe over-creasing of CXL in 1000 miles, and partially to who you are and what're you're all about. I'm not impressed by either.

13. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

It ends on Tuesday morning. Given the current environment I might have to limit quantities. How many pairs are you talking about and perhaps this needs to be done via pm.

14. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Think it through and you just might get it.

15. misterjuiceman

misterjuiceman Senior member

I thought the photo studio part was a joke because of how terrible that photo looks.

1 person likes this.
  16. sam eh

sam eh Active Member

sounds ominous. or funny I'm not sure.

17. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

I highly recommend smart wool socks year round.

2 people like this.
  18. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Yeah it sucks but it's about par for SF so good enough. LOL!

19. cathpah

cathpah Senior member

I might recommend that you do the same. Do you really think that your condescension, negativity, and bullshit won't come back to you? I imagine Crane's will lose more than a couple sales from this, and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if people have already called or emailed Dave Crane to complain about your antics and m.o.

There was a time that I planned to buy some Filson products from (the real) Crane's, but because of your demeanor on here, I think I'll give another company my money.

Shouldn't you go back to just being the web guy rather than poorly representing a 4th generation company? Given the website looks like it's from the mid-90s, I'd think you could use your time more wisely.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  20. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Nah it just sucks so bye bye it goes. ROFLMAO!

1 person likes this.