• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

2doubleu

Reaction score

If you order from the US and have it shipped to Canada, expect to pay duties. I ordered mine from Revolve when they were still doing the discount, and I got charged.
Edit: It was still cheaper than buying it locally in Canada at those ridiculous prices they have here.

Wolverine are made in US so shouldn't be hit with duty (no?) - prob just HST or possible BS brokerage fees.... but agreed still slightly less than paying full retail here.

Well these shoes just hate me.  I tried on the 11.5 Brown W1k, and the were still snug around the bridge area, seems like my feet are too wide, so i guess im going to try to find a pair in EEE width.  NO idea where ill find that locally.

Any suggestions, is there a chance that the boot will stretch to my foot ? or should i not risk it and go for the EEE width ?

Sorry to hear about your luck bro... I would suggest get your foot measured so you know your proper size when ordering. Lot of good resources online if you don't have time to pop into a local shop.

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still looking for thoughts on this, here is a closer pic.  Basically just missing the stitches in the bottom of the rectangle.  It looks like a reinforcement, not sure how difficult this is to fix.

I wouldn't let that stop me from enjoying my boots.

Moridin

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your luck bro... I would suggest get your foot measured so you know your proper size when ordering. Lot of good resources online if you don't have time to pop into a local shop.

Ya, i am not sure.

I printed out the online pdf and did a quick measurement, and it seems like i am a 11, and the width on the chart was right between a W9 (D) and WA (E).

LOL, so based on that, the shoes from lastnight should have been fine. At this point i am at a total loss. Based on this chart, a EEE would be REALLY wide for me, so not sure what to do. Id hate to order a pair of the 11.5 EEE from crane to just return it.

seer

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I hope you don't mind the intrusion -- I am writing on behalf of Wingtip to let you know that the Krause is definitely in stock. And, though it is listed at $495, we are running a pre-Thanksgiving promo on web orders: 15% off of orders over $200; and 20% off of orders over $500. So the Krause plus virtually anything in the store brings the cost down 20%. (The coupon code is EARLYBIRD.)

We also have some additional pics of the boot here:
http://blog.wingtip.com/2012/11/13/new-wolverine-boot-krause/

Best,
David

David do you accept Pay Pal yet and do you have a size 10 Russett in stock still? Thanks, Jim

seer

Reaction score
Someone please buy a pair of Krause and write us a detailed review
satisfied.gif

I'm trying but I don't think Wingtip takes pay pal.

taxiology

Reaction score
Hi Jim,

We do have the Russet in stock in size 10. And we do take PayPal, just not through the usual checkout. But if you PM me your email address, I will be happy to put you in touch with our customer service rep, Jade, who takes care of PayPal orders.

Best
David

StraightDope

Reaction score
Still looking for thoughts on this, here is a closer pic. Basically just missing the stitches in the bottom of the rectangle. It looks like a reinforcement, not sure how difficult this is to fix.

I would bring it in to a cobbler and see what they think (maybe they can re-stitch it or tie it off). It doesn't look like a critical part of the boot but if it unravels further who knows what will happen.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You might have heard something about luggage being added to the 1000 Mile line. Well that's not a rumor. We have two messenger bags in stock. They're made of waxed cotton (think Filson tincloth) and Chromexcel leather. One is olive green trimmed in black leather and the other is tan trimmed in brown leather. The interior is divided and the divider has pockets for the small stuff. (My interior pic is from the wrong side so you don't see them but they are there.) Dimensions are about 16.5 inches long, 12 inches high and about 4 inches deep. The interior is partially trimmed in nylon as well. Dave and I both like the bag and will end up with one. They look great and on those days when we don't need the 257s this messenger would fit the bill nicely.

And then there's the new boot care kit that everyone talks about but not a soul has seen. Well here it is. You get some boot oil, creme, a brush and a polishing cloth and it all fits in this really cool lined waxed cotton bank bag. Hell I'll buy one just to get the bag! Made in America as well so guess who probably made it.

So here you go and you saw it here first courtesy of Cranes Store. Oh and I still have rust and brown 1Ks sitting on the back shelf.....

Wolverine 1000 Mile Messenger Bag and Boot Care Kit by DYSong Photography, on Flickr

Yeah the messengers came in that diddy bag that's made out of light canvas. Nice touch...

Wolverine 1000 Mile Messenger Bag and Boot Care Kit by DYSong Photography, on Flickr

Oh how much you ask? Well the price will be announced soon enough. They aren't cheap that's for sure.

milw50717

Reaction score

You might have heard something about luggage being added to the 1000 Mile line. Well that's not a rumor. We have two messenger bags in stock. They're made of waxed cotton (think Filson tincloth) and Chromexcel leather. One is olive green trimmed in black leather and the other is tan trimmed in brown leather. The interior is divided and the divider has pockets for the small stuff. (My interior pic is from the wrong side so you don't see them but they are there.) Dimensions are about 16.5 inches long, 12 inches high and about 4 inches deep. The interior is partially trimmed in nylon as well. Dave and I both like the bag and will end up with one. They look great and on those days when we don't need the 257s this messenger would fit the bill nicely.

Nylon lining on the inside of the flap, sides and along the bottom ?

8190862205_367d1a7737_b.jpg

Last edited:

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And on the side of the divider that I managed to photograph from the wrong side. I'll head back into the store tomorrow and take more pics of the inside of the bag.

peteflannigan

Reaction score
Just got a pair of my first W1000 boots in brown.

Can I just wear these without doing anything to them? Or would y'all strongly frown upon such shenanigans?

I live in SoCal so I'm not really worried about 'the elements', and I don't really plan on going hiking with them or anything. Is treating them with Obenauf's a requirement?

StraightDope

Reaction score

Just got a pair of my first W1000 boots in brown.

Can I just wear these without doing anything to them? Or would y'all strongly frown upon such shenanigans?

I live in SoCal so I'm not really worried about 'the elements', and I don't really plan on going hiking with them or anything. Is treating them with Obenauf's a requirement?

I would buy a conditioner like Venetian shoe cream or Cadillacs boot and shoe care, it's what I've used since I bought them. It doesn't change the color and it keeps them conditioned

MarioImpemba

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm confident most people who buy them don't pre-treat them. You'd be fine wearing them out-of-the-box without anything, especially traipsing around SoCal.
satisfied.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads