• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

2doubleu

Reaction score

Thank you both! I'll def take a look this week 

Im in the same boat, i ended up checking a store in Toronto lastnight, but they only had size 11 in brown, and that was too tight for me.  So i sent a PM to Crane, and hopefully he gets back to me, as i cant wait to get my hands on these shoes.

FYI RAYZ-ACE, i went to the B2 store on queen and spadina, if you still want to get them locally.

The Bay Yorkdale have Wolverine 1K in black $400... I'm assuming Bloor St. and Queen as well

Moridin

Reaction score
The Bay Yorkdale have Wolverine 1K in black $400... I'm assuming Bloor St. and Queen as well

My GF picked up a pair of the Brown W1K at lunch from the CM store on Bloor. So going to try the 11 1/2 out, if they are still to tight, then im going to just order them from Cranes. I want to get them from him originally, but wanted to see how they fit first.

Not sure, but CM said that there is a 60 (!!) day return policy, never knew it was that long.

Last edited:

seer

Reaction score
Then you won't be liking this leather either....

Are you speaking to me? I do like Dublin leather, I have two pair of shoes from AE made with it. It is a very nice leather, shines up quite well and has a nice aged look...

Last edited:

jrs19

Reaction score
See, and I like the fact that they don't have speed hooks!
fight%5B1%5D.gif
And finally a made in the US 1000 mile boot not made with Shell or Chromexcel ! Both of which I have come to dislike over the years...

Beautiful!

IMG_5745.JPG

why do you dislike chromexel

seer

Reaction score
why do you dislike chromexel

It just looks bad, never shines up well, dull.Scratches real easy. Creases funny too. Not like my other leathers.

I recently bought an old pair of Red Wing Boots, in good old calfskin...

LL

With a little TLC they are now stunning. The pictures to not do them justice!

LL

Last edited:

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you order from the US and have it shipped to Canada, expect to pay duties. I ordered mine from Revolve when they were still doing the discount, and I got charged.

Edit: It was still cheaper than buying it locally in Canada at those ridiculous prices they have here.

Last edited:

MarioImpemba

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It just looks bad, never shines up well, dull.Scratches real easy. Creases funny too. Not like my other leathers.

I recently bought an old pair of Red Wing Boots, in good old calfskin...

LL

Meh, I still think you can shine up CXL enough for a mixed-purpose boot:

Perfectly suitable for the office on Monday; still don't understand people insisting these can't be versatile boots for office and play.

I like the pull-up nature and the way they crease.

Though, my RedWing Beckman's can be mirrored quite easily if that's your preference, that's true.

Also, the W1K shell can take a shine nicely - check out the pic in my sig :)

Last edited:

jrs19

Reaction score

Moridin

Reaction score
Well these shoes just hate me. I tried on the 11.5 Brown W1k, and the were still snug around the bridge area, seems like my feet are too wide, so i guess im going to try to find a pair in EEE width. NO idea where ill find that locally.

Any suggestions, is there a chance that the boot will stretch to my foot ? or should i not risk it and go for the EEE width ?

Last edited:

digga

Reaction score
The stitching is coming loose on one of my boots. Should I get this fixed or can I just cut it off and let it be? I have had these for two or three months I think. I wear them about twice a week.

Still looking for thoughts on this, here is a closer pic. Basically just missing the stitches in the bottom of the rectangle. It looks like a reinforcement, not sure how difficult this is to fix.

jabberwock1977

Reaction score
That happened to mine shortly after I bought them 2 years ago. I think I just tied a knot to stop it getting worse. It's been fine ever since.

However, I seem to remember someone on here had the same issue and contacted wolverine who gave him a new pair.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads