• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wings + Horns SS14

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

W+H do have a new designer whose work has been transitioning into the collections, beginning with FW14 (I believe). The last designer definitely ended up creating more misses than hits, and from what I understand, his technical design and tailoring skills were actually quite poor. Their new designer is very skilled, and his style is far more classically masculine. For those who saw the SS15 look book, their looks are definitely moving in the right direction.

Yup, I'm also looking forward to seeing what Rick Owens will bring to the brand. I hear it'll be quite the collection.

Last edited:

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Current designer is Davidson Monalto, correct?
I didn't realize there was a new guy coming in.
The first guy was Brian Mendoza, I know he's done a few things with Nomad in Toronto but other than that I wonder if he's been designing elsewhere?

Brattman

Reaction score
The new designer's first name is Tung, although I don't know his last. He designed for Arc'Teryx.

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SS15

http://four-pins.com/style/wings-horns-springsummer-2015-is-deceivingly-simple/

:embar:

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dope. Having the Arc' influence at least has me interested again.
Some of the the SS15 lookbook does look pretty good. And some of it looks like some ******* REI fishing gear bullshit.

These looks are nice though - looks like the camo bush pant?

And these shorts, can't tell if they are terry or some kind of tweed though.

And the colour palette is a hell of a lot better - lots of military greens and khakis.

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking at those shorts, either jersey or tweed could turn out pretty nice.

linds_15

Reaction score

Like many of you W+H is what got me onto this site along with raw denim. Tiger fleece specifically. I'm not into that stuff anymore and it's sad that W+H is so overpriced and bad these days. Hopefully with a new designer they'll be back on track.

Haven't liked anything enough to buy at full price or even on slight discount for these past few seasons. I still am looking for a wool mac coat though.

Wasn't the old W+H designer (name slips my mind) supposed to design stuff for the Bay or something?

also need a wool mac coat, or pea coat. always liked the tiger fleece aesthetic but ended up buying several loop holes instead. still love those and wear them often

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looking at those shorts, either jersey or tweed could turn out pretty nice.
Yeah, the way they drape doesn't look thick enough for tweed. Tweed would just be more interesting, and I really like the tweed chinos I halve from last fall. Wish I could find a pair of 34 or 33 in the tweed bush pant.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This brand will always get respect from me. They basically invented the high quality slim fit hoodie that everyone loves. It's hard to expect a lot but I find myself always wanting at least 1 or 2 things from every collection. The japanese stitch stuff from last season was great...

ricesuit

Reaction score
stuff that was intended to be part of the collection got pulled for the ss14 collection, so it was pretty ******

but yeah also there's a new designer. davidson is designing club monaco & reigning champ now i believe. s/s never really was w+h's strong suit, althoguh it's true this fw is weak as hell. i was really looking for a revamp on the old primaloft ma-1 bomber... instead we got a less than substantial one which i heard was super thin

squintzz

Reaction score
so can anyone tell me how are the primaloft vests are? (in terms of construction and warmth) Definitely would cop the vest or bomber if i find them at a decent price later on

wanksy

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm relatively new to W+H. I really want to purchase their hoodies as people have been talking about 'em for awhile. I know the most famous model is the tiger fleece but I have searched most online stores and couldn't find one.

Is it worth on getting one now? If so, should I buy the terry, pique, cabin fleece or the base? Money is no problem as long as those extra money I put on worth it.
I also found a used tiger fleece hoodie at the marketplace, should I buy that instead?

Cheers

Last edited:

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Grey wool tokyo pants online now.... Look just like the tweed but a wool/cotton blend.
I'm seriously considering them but am hoping they've got bush pants in the same fabric coming in the next drop.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads