1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Wings + Horns SS14

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Brattman, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Brattman

Brattman Senior member

I know the SS collections typically pale in comparison their FW offerings. While I agree with the consensus that this SS season looks no different, there are bound to be the odd more desirable pieces amidst the others. After checking out their recent "journal" article on the indigo sashiko fabric, I've gotta say it looks really nice. I'd definitely consider the shorts and possible the buttondown shirt. Any thoughts?

http://www.wingsandhorns.com/2014/02/07/ss14-indigo-patchwork-sashiko/#more-3401

2. boxdok

boxdok Senior member

^ I really like the button down. I can see me purchasing it if retail stays around the 200 mark.I really wish they did a cardigan or some light weight sweater in this type of fabric though.

3. ricesuit

ricesuit Senior member

i believe there's a crewneck sweater with the sashiko included in this season, maybe in the next delivery

4. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

Not a single item I want.

5. J BAILEY

J BAILEY Senior member

6. tjonesd2

tjonesd2 Senior member

In the third pic you get a glimpse of the crewneck's hem. Wish they would of just taken a full pic of it....

7. J BAILEY

J BAILEY Senior member

the sashiko patchwork blazer is growing on me, despite Context managing to take the worst stock photos i've ever seen:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

may have to cop if it makes it to sales season.

8. ricesuit

ricesuit Senior member

lol that looks terrible because it's not his size, the second button is done and the vent isn't opened.

i'm sure it looks really good; the detail shots were nice. the crewneck is also out now.

i find that a lot of w+h stuff looks a lot better in person because of the detail in the fabrics they use

9. J BAILEY

J BAILEY Senior member

^ agreed. i have an overdyed henley from a few seasons ago with a really nice irregular streaky texture that doesn't come across at all in photos.

has the crewneck popped up online yet, or did you see it at a b&m?

10. ricesuit

ricesuit Senior member

it's online on the latest delivery. not sure if other stores like haven stock it, but they put up their delivery online pretty fast.

11. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

Anyone had a chance to try the Tokyo chinos, how do they fit?

I prefer a slightly roomier leg, these look like they might fit the bill.

12. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

Tempted to get those leopard bush pants turn them into shorts.

13. deejaysoy

deejaysoy Senior member

haha. them leopard joints are sick. Just copped the 32.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
  14. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Just got my wave knit crew in the mail and that thing is huge. Did anybody else buy/try this on?
    I'm usually an XL in W+H and the measurements on the website line up with what should be a good fit, but it's way off. Just wondering if I got a bad one and should return for a different XL or if I should grab an L in this.
    Usually XL's are just a bit too long, but this was wide in the chest, shoulders, and even the neck was too big.

15. squintzz

squintzz Active Member

any thoughts on the S/S sashiko navy shirts? very tempted to buy it but its pricey and very limited sizes available already so just wondering if its worth the purchase.

16. Rommel

Rommel Senior member

17. squintzz

squintzz Active Member

so no sale online?
    so no sale online?

18. Jvog

Jvog Senior member

anyone going to sale and want to proxy a few things? $$ for your time

1 person likes this.
  19. ricesuit

ricesuit Senior member

just came back from the friends and family sale at the location, pretty solid stuff. lots left over from f/w 13, some random reigning champ basics, and factory seconds on the second level. saw a lot of fishtails... kinda regret buying mine for $300.

i bought a black RC crewneck tho. this year's factory sale wasn't as good as the last where there were leather jacket samples

20. bapelolol

bapelolol Senior member

how much are fishtails?