1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Wings + Horns SS14

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Brattman, Feb 9, 2014.

1. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Well-Known Member

Dope. Having the Arc' influence at least has me interested again.
    Some of the the SS15 lookbook does look pretty good. And some of it looks like some fucking REI fishing gear bullshit.

These looks are nice though - looks like the camo bush pant?

[​IMG]
    And these shorts, can't tell if they are terry or some kind of tweed though.
    [​IMG]

And the colour palette is a hell of a lot better - lots of military greens and khakis.

2. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Well-Known Member

Looking at those shorts, either jersey or tweed could turn out pretty nice.

3. linds_15

linds_15 Well-Known Member

also need a wool mac coat, or pea coat. always liked the tiger fleece aesthetic but ended up buying several loop holes instead. still love those and wear them often

4. OccultaVexillum

Yeah, the way they drape doesn't look thick enough for tweed. Tweed would just be more interesting, and I really like the tweed chinos I halve from last fall. Wish I could find a pair of 34 or 33 in the tweed bush pant.

5. poly800rock

poly800rock Well-Known Member

This brand will always get respect from me. They basically invented the high quality slim fit hoodie that everyone loves. It's hard to expect a lot but I find myself always wanting at least 1 or 2 things from every collection. The japanese stitch stuff from last season was great...

6. ricesuit

ricesuit Well-Known Member

stuff that was intended to be part of the collection got pulled for the ss14 collection, so it was pretty shitty

but yeah also there's a new designer. davidson is designing club monaco & reigning champ now i believe. s/s never really was w+h's strong suit, althoguh it's true this fw is weak as hell. i was really looking for a revamp on the old primaloft ma-1 bomber... instead we got a less than substantial one which i heard was super thin

7. squintzz

squintzz Active Member

so can anyone tell me how are the primaloft vests are? (in terms of construction and warmth) Definitely would cop the vest or bomber if i find them at a decent price later on

8. wanksy

wanksy Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

I'm relatively new to W+H. I really want to purchase their hoodies as people have been talking about 'em for awhile. I know the most famous model is the tiger fleece but I have searched most online stores and couldn't find one.

Is it worth on getting one now? If so, should I buy the terry, pique, cabin fleece or the base? Money is no problem as long as those extra money I put on worth it.
    I also found a used tiger fleece hoodie at the marketplace, should I buy that instead?

Cheers

Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
  9. max-t

max-t Well-Known Member

this and the waxed foul weather bomber are the only W+H pieces i've kept after being head to toe in the shit in 2011

10. OccultaVexillum

Grey wool tokyo pants online now.... Look just like the tweed but a wool/cotton blend.
    I'm seriously considering them but am hoping they've got bush pants in the same fabric coming in the next drop.

11. j0tunheim

j0tunheim Member

Damn....Combat vests are selling out real quick at retail. Is black friday the earliest sale? Not sure I could hold out that long, only a couple Canadian stockists still have my size in black and it's frickin middle of September. As asked by someone else a few posts back, are these worth it? I know they're not $275 plus tax worth it, but can anyone with last years version attest that they are warm? Seem so thin and unsubstantial...

12. ricesuit

ricesuit Well-Known Member

Quote:i have last f/w's, and it's thin because it's thinsulate-- it's still really warm though. i usually just layer it under the fishtail from last f/w. however, i got it on employee discount... i don't think $275 is a good idea at all lol. better off getting ULD from uniqlo tbh

13. nkwu

nkwu Well-Known Member

Mendoza was with HBC for a while? Dunno what brand he's working with now.

14. Mehmet Korkmaz

Mehmet Korkmaz Well-Known Member

Looks like the next anniversary project is Canada Goose x W+H. I don't know if this is a good or bad thing.

You just missed out. FW13 was the last year of W+H tiger fleece. It's been 'discontinued' and moved to Reigning Champ, so if you want to buy one brand new, look for it there. If you're looking for fleece, perhaps the double brushed fleece hoodie. Cabin Fleece is super-thick and has a sort of thin perforated lining bonded to the inside of the fleece. I suppose it makes it warmer and resistant to pilling, but it's a very heavy fabric.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
  15. bawlin

bawlin Well-Known Member

Canada Goose looks nice. I'll probably check it out next week.

16. Seacrest

Seacrest Well-Known Member

I've now seen the Canada Goose X Wings collab in person. It is unreal!!
    Drops October.10th in retail shops

17. Raindrop

Raindrop Well-Known Member

Yeah what's with the garbage they put out these days.

Last F/W was borderline ok..this one is ZZZZZZzzzzzzzZZzz.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
  18. Mehmet Korkmaz

German Cord pants are pretty nice. Well, their pants are always good staples. I don't really care for much else this season, though.

19. linds_15

linds_15 Well-Known Member

was not too impressed with the goose collab but i saw it in stores today and it is a mighty fine jacket. still wouldnt spend near 1200 on it though

20. Mehmet Korkmaz

Is it $1200? That's pretty much in line with W+H standards nowadays. Canada Goose's premium line, Branta, clocks in at about the same amount.
    Still wouldn't buy it, though. A puffy down parka is a puffy down parka, no matter how much you dress it up.