• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wings + Horns F/W 2011

Brinbro

Reaction score
What did they make in the spring that was cashmere? 99% sure nothing.

Last edited:

Feji

Reaction score
I have two of the cashmere crewnecks from 'F10 and they've held up pretty well. From what I can see, W+H have selected a good factory to get things manufactured in China. Hopefully the quality of their MIC (and overall) doesn't dip down as W+H continues to grow as a brand - ala R&B. I still do buy some R&B things, but I'm way more selective compared to what I grab from W+H. For me, it's mainly about paying premium prices for a fit I know works for my body.

blakhart

Reaction score
Just picked up the wine hoodie from RG. Got a size L. Beautiful hoodie.

For reference, I'm 5'10" and 185lbs and it fits snug, but i'm expecting it to stretch a bit.

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's already 50 degrees for me where I go to Uni. I'm eagerly awaiting my delivery of W+H for those chilly mornings and in anticipation of a cold winter...

Edd

Reaction score

Looked at some SS11 cashmere blend and some were MIC. It'd have to be pretty awesome for me to pay W+H prices for MIC.

thats how i see it, even if the quality is good, as soon as many customers see MIC on the garment they feel cheated paying the same sort of money that the person who made it earns in a month. Its not as if W+H customers quibble paying $400 for footwear made in italy or the premium prices for japan made items. MIC is just wrong for W+H.

linds_15

Reaction score

It's already 50 degrees for me where I go to Uni. I'm eagerly awaiting my delivery of W+H for those chilly mornings and in anticipation of a cold winter...

yea it was a 15 last night when i went out so its definitely sweater time

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

thats how i see it, even if the quality is good, as soon as many customers see MIC on the garment they feel cheated paying the same sort of money that the person who made it earns in a month. Its not as if W+H customers quibble paying $400 for footwear made in italy or the premium prices for japan made items. MIC is just wrong for W+H.

I'll file this under "does not remember that Made in Italy used to be looked down upon before the 1960s, when Italy launched an incredibly successful PR campaign", and that Made in Japan used to be synonymous with cheap, crappy, electronics. Made in China's image is already rapidly changing, and you'll find more and more designers moving to Chinese manufacture. Also, lol at anyone thinking that Made in Italy, for the most part, is really "made by Chinese people in Italian sweatshops."

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'll file this under "does not remember that Made in Italy used to be looked down upon before the 1960s, when Italy launched an incredibly successful PR campaign", and that Made in Japan used to be synonymous with cheap, crappy, electronics. Made in China's image is already rapidly changing, and you'll find more and more designers moving to Chinese manufacture. Also, lol at anyone thinking that Made in Italy, for the most part, is really "made by Chinese people in Italian sweatshops."

I have to strongly agree with this part.

It's extensively documented.

Hell, Chinese migrant workers are doing construction in Africa! They are everywhere.

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

blazingazn, I think you misread what Fok was saying...

i got it:
"China aint so bad."

but i just saw a documentary on China and it's worldwide manufacturing, construction, etc. business ;) so I got excited.

MichaelPemulis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the MIC cashmere cardigan from last F/W and I love it.

Fit is great, feels soft, super comfortable. One of my favorite cardigans.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads