• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wings + Horns F/W 2011

Brinbro

Reaction score
ITT people praise 'Made in China' - I guess it was just a matter of time. :satisfied:

Last edited:

bassmanpatsfan18

Reaction score
I have a pair of 32 1-years in the straight model for sale--see my signature. Just bought them from another user, but they're too small. Beautiful jeans.

Feji

Reaction score
Got my packages of W+H items this week!

First is the MIC V-Neck Sweater. The sweater is heavier than the 'F10 100% cashmere sweaters, and of course not as soft. The heavier feel gives it a more rugged feel overall. The sweater actually has a subtle texture to it also, which was a pleasant surprise. The fit is similar to last years sweaters, but the sleeves felt shorter (might just be in my head though). The little details are what I like about the sweater; the elbow/back dart stitching, subtle texture, rugged/heavier feel.

Flannel lined Oxford button down. The shirt is slightly heavier than the W+H summer oxfords, which is good imo. This allows the option of layering without overheating too easily (I hate layering for outside, then I get indoors and realize I overcompensated and now have to hold a sweater/cardigan). I haven't worn it out yet, so I could be wrong in this regard if the flannel lining is awesome at retaining heat. The fabric actually looks closer to a chambray, and the flannel is a nice detail when you roll up your sleeves. There is a white stripe along the inside of the collar along the back, which befuddles me. The only way that would be shown is if you pop your collar....otherwise I guess its a substitute for a shirt hook. I'm glad the insides of the cuffs weren't lined with white cloth like the summer oxfords were, as the shirt would become a little too busy for an oxford with the white stripe along the buttons. I can understand why this shirt costs more than the summer oxfords, but not $50 more. If I didn't wear a Medium, I might have waited to see if any of these made it to the first round of sales...

Blue Overdyed Shirt. I grabbed this thinking it was a plaid overdye. It turned out not to be, but a plain blue over dye (if it is a plaid overdye, then its really hard to see the effect even under a halogen lamp). The shirt is is similar to the Gitman overdye in terms of fabric, although it is slightly lighter weight than Gitman's current overdyes. The shirt is cut like other W+H shirts.

Black Overdyed Plaid Shirt. I grabbed this to just compare versus the blue, and see which colorway I liked better. The fabric is very light for a fall/winter shirt. Other than that, the shirt is probably better in the wine colorway and as a summer shirt.

I'm definitely keeping the V-Neck and Flannel Lined Oxford. The other shirts I'm leaning on sending back.

Edd

Reaction score

I'll file this under "does not remember that Made in Italy used to be looked down upon before the 1960s, when Italy launched an incredibly successful PR campaign", and that Made in Japan used to be synonymous with cheap, crappy, electronics. Made in China's image is already rapidly changing, and you'll find more and more designers moving to Chinese manufacture. Also, lol at anyone thinking that Made in Italy, for the most part, is really "made by Chinese people in Italian sweatshops."

so now you are trying to convince me that even when its not made in china it's a chinese worker making the garment in a sweatshop!! Find it quite strange that someone from the US that has a shrinking economy on top of the US losing its AAA credit rating is quite happy to endorse China monopolising yet another industry!!

DCU

Reaction score
I can't believe how fast the first shipment has already sold out in most sizes. It's been less than a month since the launch...

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I can't believe how fast the first shipment has already sold out in most sizes. It's been less than a month since the launch...

the power of teh internetz

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Got my packages of W+H items this week!

First is the MIC V-Neck Sweater. The sweater is heavier than the 'F10 100% cashmere sweaters, and of course not as soft. The heavier feel gives it a more rugged feel overall. The sweater actually has a subtle texture to it also, which was a pleasant surprise. The fit is similar to last years sweaters, but the sleeves felt shorter (might just be in my head though). The little details are what I like about the sweater; the elbow/back dart stitching, subtle texture, rugged/heavier feel.

Flannel lined Oxford button down. The shirt is slightly heavier than the W+H summer oxfords, which is good imo. This allows the option of layering without overheating too easily (I hate layering for outside, then I get indoors and realize I overcompensated and now have to hold a sweater/cardigan). I haven't worn it out yet, so I could be wrong in this regard if the flannel lining is awesome at retaining heat. The fabric actually looks closer to a chambray, and the flannel is a nice detail when you roll up your sleeves. There is a white stripe along the inside of the collar along the back, which befuddles me. The only way that would be shown is if you pop your collar....otherwise I guess its a substitute for a shirt hook. I'm glad the insides of the cuffs weren't lined with white cloth like the summer oxfords were, as the shirt would become a little too busy for an oxford with the white stripe along the buttons. I can understand why this shirt costs more than the summer oxfords, but not $50 more. If I didn't wear a Medium, I might have waited to see if any of these made it to the first round of sales...

Blue Overdyed Shirt. I grabbed this thinking it was a plaid overdye. It turned out not to be, but a plain blue over dye (if it is a plaid overdye, then its really hard to see the effect even under a halogen lamp). The shirt is is similar to the Gitman overdye in terms of fabric, although it is slightly lighter weight than Gitman's current overdyes. The shirt is cut like other W+H shirts.

Black Overdyed Plaid Shirt. I grabbed this to just compare versus the blue, and see which colorway I liked better. The fabric is very light for a fall/winter shirt. Other than that, the shirt is probably better in the wine colorway and as a summer shirt.

I'm definitely keeping the V-Neck and Flannel Lined Oxford. The other shirts I'm leaning on sending back.

Nice stuff you dude, you totally kept the two pieces I want from this first shipment...but hoping to get on sale.

Last edited:

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Considering how cheap the stuff in this shipment was (all the henleys, etc), I'm not surprised at all. We'll see how long the outerwear lingers around for.

max-t

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what's up with their vnecks/crewnecks shirts? are they much better than uniqlo's at $45+ a pop?

james nicolas

Reaction score
kind of want the wine tiger fleece, anyone selling it besides haven or context? sold out in L at both places..

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Roden Gray looks to have it.

Roden doesn't have realtime inventory management. A conversation I had on the phone with them a few days ago:

Me: Does your website accurately reflect what you have in stock?

RG: Usually, yes.

Me: Any cargo joggers in a size L?

RG: Let me check... uhh, no sorry.

Pretty ridiculous if you ask me. It's not 2003 anymore. You can find a shopping cart that supports real-time inventory management pretty easily these days.

DCU

Reaction score

Considering how cheap the stuff in this shipment was (all the henleys etc), I'm not surprised at all. We'll see how long the outerwear lingers around for.

Yeah, I actually wanted to pick up a few of the more colorful jersey overdyed crewnecks among other things. Does anyone know where I can still get these in sz. XS? Especially the wine color seems popular.

kilgore

Reaction score

kind of want the wine tiger fleece, anyone selling it besides haven or context? sold out in L at both places..

I'm looking for one in medium and can't find any. But I did seem some large at American Rag in Newport Beach yesterday.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads