• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wings + Horns F/W 2011

Edd

Reaction score

Sorry, but Made in China is used by pretty much every designer of any size. Or, if it's Made in Italy, smart money says that it's been through Chinese hands, or that much of the work was done in a less desirable EU country, like Romania.

wings & horns is a small brand, absolutely no reason to have any garment MIC !! I mean Engineered Garments is a bigger brand than W+H could you ever imagine them making in China? it would be the death of the brand. Take SPW (Stone Island & Cp Company) as an example, brands been on the decline for years since moving manufacture to rumania & few items to China. I'm from the UK & there are now a few brands that are selling well off the back of made in the uk such as Albam, 6876, oliver spencer (mainly uk, some shirts portugal) Nigel Cabourn, i think Heritage Research is made in the UK but not a brand i follow theres others like universal works, shame Paul Smith sold out to China & Africa (morrocco).

personally just think they shouldn't of made the cashmere blend knits, or if they had to then make some better quality ones in Scotland for twice the price & twice the quality, at least scotlands in the commonwealth :)

Last edited:

Brinbro

Reaction score
My comment about collaboration pricing has to do with the Dayton boots receiving a 50% uptick because of some water and damage to the boots. Looking at recent RC collaborations their pricing has been inline with their collection as a whole (the current McNairy collaboration included). I compared the two because of their relationship to their parent manufacturer. Although, looking at the fiasco in the other thread maybe I should take back all I've said about that...:embar:

I guess, moving on, can anyone comment on the cargo blazer's color? A few store photos have shown it looking almost faded/heavily washed and I'm guessing and hoping it's just the fabric and lighting? Thanks.

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone know when the next drop is supposed to happen?

This seasons offering has been really nice--waiting to see the rest of it.

Oh yea, and if anyone is still wondering, the P2P on the tiger fleece hoodie in a medium is closer to 20" than 18" (per Haven's measurements). Haven just simply measured the seam, which is no where near the pit.

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

My comment about collaboration pricing has to do with the Dayton boots receiving a 50% uptick because of some water and damage to the boots. Looking at recent RC collaborations their pricing has been inline with their collection as a whole (the current McNairy collaboration included). I compared the two because of their relationship to their parent manufacturer. Although, looking at the fiasco in the other thread maybe I should take back all I've said about that...:embar:

I guess, moving on, can anyone comment on the cargo blazer's color? A few store photos have shown it looking almost faded/heavily washed and I'm guessing and hoping it's just the fabric and lighting? Thanks.

The black blazer is pitch black. I've been wearing it in the evenings, when it get's down into the 40s here. Not washed/faded at all.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

wings & horns is a small brand, absolutely no reason to have any garment MIC !! I mean Engineered Garments is a bigger brand than W+H could you ever imagine them making in China? it would be the death of the brand. Take SPW (Stone Island & Cp Company) as an example, brands been on the decline for years since moving manufacture to rumania & few items to China. I'm from the UK & there are now a few brands that are selling well off the back of made in the uk such as Albam, 6876, oliver spencer (mainly uk, some shirts portugal) Nigel Cabourn, i think Heritage Research is made in the UK but not a brand i follow theres others like universal works, shame Paul Smith sold out to China & Africa (morrocco).

personally just think they shouldn't of made the cashmere blend knits, or if they had to then make some better quality ones in Scotland for twice the price & twice the quality, at least scotlands in the commonwealth :)

Scotland would have done the same job, but yes, at double the price, and probably not for cashmere blend, but for some pretty decent wool. How many Wings+Horns customers are willing to pay close to $400 for a basic crewneck, albeit with some cool details? I guess that that's a question about which the designers and production managers had to have a conversation.

Mesta

Reaction score
Anyone know which coat is the « rainmac » this season? A store in Montreal told me then ordered that one but I'm not sure which one it is.

Brinbro

Reaction score
Great jacket, one of the best I've seen, but just too expensive for me. I already have a 3/4 length jacket from W+H and I hardly wear it because I get stares. :slayer:

MORTAR

Brand Representative
Reaction score
Is the bomber a collab with Heritage Research? I was under the impression it wasn't. If it is, then they must expect us to have short-term memories because I'm having deja vu to what was it? Fall 09? Also, I'm not a fan of W+H collaboration pricing, at least their sister brand RC realized that collaborations don't necessarily need to have a 50% price hike because someone else has their hand in the pot. Do they actually split profits?...

Yes, this year's bomber is a collaboration with Heritage Research. Both are made in Japan, and if you know anything about Japanese fabrication and manufacture, it's extremely expensive. In fact, under US and EU pricing, all Japanese fashion would cost about 50% more than it does in Japan, so you can go figure out Japanese wholesale prices from that - expensive. In other news, Reigning Champ is designed by the same people as do Wings+Horns, and the pricing is also done by the same people.

You probably do know a lot about Wings+Horns, but I've known the owner, the designer, and the rep, for years, or at least as long as they've been with Wings+Horns, we actually hang out at tradeshows, and we do talk about this stuff.

Thank you, LA Guy...

i'm with Brinbro on this, MIC not a good move for W+H's. I've heard the arguements before that they have the best facilities in China to make clothing etc etc. Its bullshit moving production to china is for cheap labour & to maximise profits end of story! Clothing MIC should be confined to supermarket clothing not designer clothing.

Sorry, but Made in China is used by pretty much every designer of any size. Or, if it's Made in Italy, smart money says that it's been through Chinese hands, or that much of the work was done in a less desirable EU country, like Romania.

This. Also, in case you did not know, Made in China does not automatically equal bad and made in the US does not automatically equal good.

Yo, when you produce more units, manufacturing is cheaper...

As you stated, EG is a much larger line than Wings that is producing significantly more units. The cost per unit goes down when you're making more, making the garments more affordable in the end - whether the stuff is being made in the US, China, whatever...

Brinbro

Reaction score
Mortar, keep in mind that Wings + Horns has its own factory for manufacturing over 75% (by my estimation, but even at 50% that's a huge amount) of its own line...

Last edited:

l1mab3an

Reaction score
So I just got my 32 washed jeans in today, this fit is great all around except the top block is a tad big (measures a 34) could this be fixed by a tailor, liek to bring it in just a little bit? Ugh I got the 31 in the straight fit, the waist is great on that cut but I dont like the fit as much....

Decisions decision.

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
l1mab3an, I'm guessing you don't want to bother with the hassle of exchanging it? It sounds like a 31 in the slim fit would be ideal for you.

I just sank a order for a bunch of Wings + Horns through Need Supply. I should be real good for winter basics now. :slayer:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads