• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wings + Horns F/W 2011

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The best piece in the knitwear has not yet dropped, it seems. I like the crewnecks (I have both the charcoal and the black), but the v-neck, cashmere blend waffle faux cardigan flatters pretty much anyone, has a definite Margiela vibe (but doesn't fit as long) and is super comfortable. Look for it guys. You won]t be disappointed. I think mine will see a lot of use this FW. Might even order another color for a switchup. I think that the retail is close to or even under $300.

kilgore

Reaction score

The best piece in the knitwear has not yet dropped, it seems. I like the crewnecks (I have both the charcoal and the black), but the v-neck, cashmere blend waffle faux cardigan flatters pretty much anyone, has a definite Margiela vibe (but doesn't fit as long) and is super comfortable. Look for it guys. You won]t be disappointed. I think mine will see a lot of use this FW. Might even order another color for a switchup. I think that the retail is close to or even under $300.

are there any pics of this floating around? i don't think i've seen it.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I thought the price tag was said to be $460 - $300 is more palatable.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

are there any pics of this floating around? i don't think i've seen it.

I thought the price tag was said to be $460 - $300 is more palatable.

Um don't quote me on the price. I just got it direct shipped, and I just okayed the charges on my card without really itemizing it. It's a really nice piece though, and really, the fit is great. I bought it originally because I wanted to get something beyond the basics, but I actually now regret not having gotten a couple of colors.

I haven't seen pics anywhere, but if I got my shipment, I can't imagine that other retailers delayed theirs by that much. Some people must have it in.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Um don't quote me on the price. I just got it direct shipped, and I just okayed the charges on my card without really itemizing it. It's a really nice piece though, and really, the fit is great. I bought it originally because I wanted to get something beyond the basics, but I actually now regret not having gotten a couple of colors.

I haven't seen pics anywhere, but if I got my shipment, I can't imagine that other retailers delayed theirs by that much. Some people must have it in.

Hmmm OK, hopefully I'm mixing up items or something. Guess I'll hold off on the Stark for a bit until pics/measurements arrive for this.

DXB

Reaction score
Picked up the wool + cashmere and charcoal reversible crewnecks this afternoon at Nomad in Toronto. Lebron James and his crew had just tore through the collection and were leaving when we arrived.

The reversible crew is beautiful but you would have to really not give one single **** to wear it black side out. Nicely made, super warm and ideally chunky but not as advertised.

Wool + Cashmere sweater I discovered was made in China and does not feel as nice as I would expect from W+H. Wanted to return it immediately after I noticed but I was already in the taxi and have since decided the fit is too good give up on because of it's location of manufacture.

IDK if CYC is moving partial production offshore or what, but if they are this does not bode well for the future of the brand. That said, there are still bound to be some undervalued pieces in the collection...

DXB

Reaction score
I guess this is my first run in with any of their cashmere stuff. For what is nominally a luxury fabric it really disappoints that it ends up being the cheapest feeling stuff I've seen them put out, especially for a brand that seems to be built on one of a kind quality materials.

Then again, maybe 20% should have been a red flag and I'm just getting what I deserve.

Brinbro

Reaction score
Their cashmere blend pieces are kind of embarrassing for the brand. Wouldn't touch them and I'm sure the cashmere waffle cardigan will be priced similarly to the hoodie/hat/scarves (i.e. too much). I was just thinking about how much I'd have killed for a hoodie made out of the wool fleece they were using last year and in general another cardigan or jacket. Why didn't they bring that back it was the highlight of last fall for me.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The wool/cashmere sweaters are $190. I don't think there is anything "embarrassing" about them at that price. Mongolia is where most of the world's cashmere is sourced from.

Get over yourselves. I checked them out today and I think they are good for the price. Fit is right, descent quality. I prefer to buy anything but Made in China but its ok to have a couple MIC sweaters in a collection in my opinion. I bet those would be almost double the price if produced in Japan or Canada.

Brinbro

Reaction score
It's embarrassing if you consider the brand. Made in China doesn't fit a Canadiana brand that rests its whole image on that. It's not necessary. The truth is much of their own fabrics are better - I'd rather they developed something different than settle for a cheap cashmere blend - it doesn't help that I don't like cashmere blends and much prefer cotton blends.

DXB

Reaction score
Amen. They fit well and I'll definitely be keeping mine. My point wasn't that they were bad value at 200, just that they don't really seem to mesh with the brand image in my mind. It's not the first and won't be the last MIC item of clothing I'll own.

It just seems to lack both of the characteristics I I associate with W+H. I always liked the idea of buying Canadian made, and the quality of the fabrics really made it great. The pieces definitely still appeal to me, just not at all for any of the reasons most of their otherl garments do. I suppose it is always good to appeal to a wider demographic, but it feels weird to be buying W+H because I love the fit and nothing else. I suppose in my mind they were always more "stylish" and less "fashionable" focusing on quality goods that would last a long time. This seems like something of a reversal from that MO.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads