• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wings + Horns Denim

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blank
Ken, they look good on you. Once they break in a little more I think they'll look better.

Yeah, these definitely have a lot of softening up to do. After they start to fall more naturally, I might end up hemming them. I hate doing that, though, because it isn't the jeans' fault that I'm short. If anything, I ought to have a tailor let out my ankles a couple inches.

Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo
Am I the only one who feels like th dropped pockets make the rise look super high? I'm only going off the Peasant pic here, mind you, but it looks kinda off to me.

I thought the same thing from the pictures. They look like a higher rise jean (something like 5EP LDB, sort of). Even when I first got them, I said to myself, "Self, that looks like a very long front rise." But when I put them on, they fit really well and could be slouched without looking sloppy. The dropped pockets are groin-grabbingly nice.

Originally Posted by keykoo
Since it wasn't Ken who linked them I wasn't sure if Arethusa was correct, just double checking.

They are these: http://peasant.mesv.org/shop/product/483
Which isn't the same link as above, I believe. Now I owe Arethusa and Who dinner for besmirching their good name. If all goes well, maybe we'll be having breakfast, too.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
I like my eggs fertilized in the morning.
bigstar[1].gif

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great summary. I'm very very close to purchasing a pair of these. Any other opinions?

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wanted to carry wings and horns but they didn't think my store was cool enough.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yup.
I thought being one of the best store in the U.S. carrying some of the most favored gear I would be in the running but I guess not.

Ritchee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Denimbar
I wanted to carry wings and horns but they didn't think my store was cool enough.

I don't care what W&H think, in my book, your store will always be cool.

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

thebestofall

Reaction score
these jeans r deadly

i got them @ holt renfrew today for 220 + tax so deadly ... will take picture soon who wants it just msg me they have 28 left so hurry!

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my pair of blacks today. They're really cool but seriously stiff. The stiffest pair of jeans I've ever touched. Feels like wearing cardboard. I should probably soak them.

Soda Punk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by asobu
Got my pair of blacks today. They're really cool but seriously stiff. The stiffest pair of jeans I've ever touched. Feels like wearing cardboard. I should probably soak them.

I just got a pair of blacks too. I think I'm going to soak them before I wear them. They are ridiculously stiff.

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Soda Punk: Yeah, I've been wearing them every day since I got them. After the soak and a few wears they don't feel very stiff at all. They're really really nice.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads