1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Wings + Horns Denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ken, Dec 6, 2007.

1. pharrow59

pharrow59 Senior member

does anyone know if there are measurements online somewhere?

2. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

I don't think there are, but the only way I can explain these jeans is that they fit like APC NS's except with a much more flattering cut. They're truly gorgeous, well made jeans...

3. sjnv

sjnv Senior member

I don't think there are, but the only way I can explain these jeans is that they fit like APC NS's except with a much more flattering cut. They're truly gorgeous, well made jeans...

Since you're proxying them out, can you just take measurements when you get them? Most won't buy without measurements...

4. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

I don't have a tape measure so that's not an option. These are a straight leg jean and you should size down one (or two depending on the fit you're looking for). I don't know what else to tell you guys.

5. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

I agree about needing measurements. I'd be interested if I had any clue as to how these are sized in true measurements. If they are indeed like APC (vanity-size, stretch factor, etc.), then that makes it even worse for me (NS,NC, NR?). They do look sweet, but I can't blindly buy a pair. If anyone has some sizing advice on the ones mentioned in the BS forum, please let us know!

6. robertorex

robertorex Senior member

I don't have a tape measure so that's not an option. These are a straight leg jean and you should size down one (or two depending on the fit you're looking for). I don't know what else to tell you guys.

Just some friendly advice, I think the $1-2 you'll be spending on a tape measure will be paid back in terms of how quick you can make sales, and whether you make them at all...

7. pharrow59

pharrow59 Senior member

Just some friendly advice, I think the $1-2 you'll be spending on a tape measure will be paid back in terms of how quick you can make sales, and whether you make them at all...

+1

i'd jump on these in a heartbeat if i could confirm the measurements. i have a good feeling about them from previous descriptions but i can't drop 130 bones without knowing for sure.

8. sjnv

sjnv Senior member

Can you tell us why you think they're a more flattering cut than the APC NS? These are straight legs

9. cchen

cchen Senior member

+2

10. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

Okay, you guys win. I ransacked the tool-box and found a tape measure.

I'm going to take measurements of a tried-on but never worn pair of 32's (the waist has probably stretched a tiny bit as I could not button them up the first initially but now I can with a bit of discomfort), worn once waxed 34's and compare them to the measurements of my heavily worn, unwashed APC NS 31's. You can extrapolate the information any way you need to...

APC:
    waist 18
    front 11
    back 14
    leg 8

Indigo:
    waist 16.5
    front 10.5
    back 13.2
    leg 8.5

Waxed Black
    waist 17
    front 11.3
    back 14
    leg 8.8

These are kinda rough measurements with a hard tape measure...

11. robertorex

robertorex Senior member

waist 18 on the tagged 31 NS's?? holy shit!

12. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

Yeah, they're huge. Can't wear them without a belt. But I don't really have a choice because I have fairly big thighs...

[​IMG]

13. sjnv

sjnv Senior member

Yeah that APC waist sounds about right. My APC NS tagged 28 now measure 33".

Thanks for the measurements, but is it possible to get a thigh measurement (1" down from crotch) on the indigo w+h?

14. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

Roughly 11 inches.

I think this is what you were looking for?

[​IMG]

15. pharrow59

pharrow59 Senior member

drawing on the expertise of everyone here, what do you think the leg measurement on 29s would be?

16. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

Mine aren't vanity sized at all... They were tough to button up at first owing to stiffness, I bought them TTS. After 3 wears they're fine, no serious difficulty. I tried on a pair sized down and pondered, but they offered insufficient room in the ass region (waist-wise they were very difficult to do up but would have been wearable until stretching). So you could size down, but I do not suggest it.

17. sjnv

sjnv Senior member

Did you end up tapering them JD? The knee is the same as the hem right?
    Do you have APCs? Can you compare the fit? Thanks

18. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

Mine aren't vanity sized at all... They were tough to button up at first owing to stiffness, I bought them TTS. After 3 wears they're fine, no serious difficulty. I tried on a pair sized down and pondered, but they offered insufficient room in the ass region (waist-wise they were very difficult to do up but would have been wearable until stretching). So you could size down, but I do not suggest it.

The owner of W+H told me to size down at least 1, so I'll take his word for it...

19. whacked

whacked Senior member

The owner of W+H told me to size down at least 1, so I'll take his word for it...

read: size down 1 for a sufu fit.

But seriously, I think they're similar in cuts to the jeans several members here have and reviewed in a thread not too long ago (do a search). They're straight legs (not tapered like the NS), and go true-to-size for that intended fit.

20. korce

korce Senior member

Am I correct in thinking that these are NOT the same cut as the denim wings + horns put out this fall? I tried a pair of those on and they were quite slim in the body and def. had a tapered leg. Measurements for these look like its a different cut.