1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Wings + Horns Denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ken, Dec 6, 2007.

1. truestorytravis

truestorytravis Senior member

nice. looking forward to that.

2. ken

ken Senior member

crap, sorry... just saw this. I cemented the button header on and it's been fine since. I'll say I've worn these "moderately" to "semi-regularly." Repaired crotch. Normal stretching. g'day.
    [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

3. truestorytravis

truestorytravis Senior member

thanks ken. they're starting to look nice.

4. TJS1589

TJS1589 Senior member

What kind of jacket are you wearing in the snow picture? Jeans look good btw.

5. Jacques Cousteau

Jacques Cousteau Well-Known Member

And the boots in the newer pics?

6. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

Queries: just grabbed a pair of these, so how many cuts have they made? I've never even looked into them previously. Details and construction seem very very good, cut I'm not sure of yet (there's a lot of material at my feet) and they're pretty damned stiff. Do they soften up quickly? Stretch much in the waist? They're quite snug but wearable.

7. Ispy

Ispy Senior member

Queries: just grabbed a pair of these, so how many cuts have they made? I've never even looked into them previously. Details and construction seem very very good, cut I'm not sure of yet (there's a lot of material at my feet) and they're pretty damned stiff. Do they soften up quickly? Stretch much in the waist? They're quite snug but wearable.

Warehouse sale? Just grabbed a pair myself. Details are pretty amazing and for $75 can I'm verrry happy.

8. TxdoHawk

TxdoHawk Senior member

Grabbed a pair of these off the B/S forum (thanks deaddog) and I'm really enjoying the fit. A little small in the waist initially, but they've stretched a bit, and the legs are pretty much perfect, slim fit without the painted-on clinging I loathe. I generally like my fit a shade looser than what most of SF seems to enjoy though, so the true-size fit may not be up some people's alley.

9. pharrow59

pharrow59 Senior member

Warehouse sale? Just grabbed a pair myself. Details are pretty amazing and for $75 can I'm verrry happy.

where did you grab them for 75?

10. bure

bure Senior member

where did you grab them for 75?
    wings + horns sample sale in vancouver i might head back there tmr, i snagged a pair of the slim grey jeans and they fit perfectly. anyone know how early the first people in line got there at?

11. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

I got there at 11 and was first. Honestly though if you got there at 12 or 1230 you'd still be able to happily drop a couple hundy, they had a lot of stuff. Imagine it was all looted by the end?

I got mine there too, 75 flat and wore them tonight. The top block fit is more or less perfect. I don't know if I want to taper the bottom yet. I'll probably post some pics for opinions at some point.

12. Viktri

Viktri Senior member

Where in Vanc was this? I assumed it was at the Roden Grey store?

13. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

No, all the sample sales are next door to CYC headquarters at 188 w 6th avenue.

I shouldn't have told you that because now I have competition. I hope you're small.

14. RodenGray

RodenGray Senior member

15. 2Scoops

2Scoops Senior member

any consensus as to whether to size up or down the denim?

16. bure

bure Senior member

any consensus as to whether to size up or down the denim?

Depends on the cut. The raw indigo at the sample sale aren't very slim, they're more of a straight leg. I would size down on those imo

17. Viktri

Viktri Senior member

Sweet sale. Thanks JD_May
    I may return tomorrow, I went there tonight and was told there will be more stock.
    Great stuff. Didn't pick up any of the denim tonight.

18. korce

korce Senior member

^ Wish I was in Vancity instead of TO!! Any other awesome deals? Does anyone have plans to pick stuff up for re-sale on the forum?

For that matter, at $75CAD a pair I would def be interested in a pair of the grey slim denims they put out this fall (if there are any left in a sz 31 or 32). Or grey denims in the classic (straight leg) cut for that matter...Anyone feel like proxying, or know if either of these are left?

19. asobu

asobu Senior member

I'd size down as well. I bought mine true to size (raw blacks) and they fit big. I don't really mind but would've sized down one if I had the chance.

20. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

I'm doing a PROXY for these. $130 plus shipping. Indigo and black wax. Check the FS forum....