• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Will Hermes give me boxes?

Bexcellence

Reaction score
I have two Hermes ties that are without their respective tie boxes. Could I just go to an Hermes store and ask for two tie boxes?

Or should I buy a tie and ask for two extra boxes? Assuming they wouldnt just give them to me

clapeyron

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Hermes doesn't even sell wallets to paying customers. why would they then give away free stuff?

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I have a way you can do it...

Take off the tag and then take it to the shop to be repaired. You'll have to take them at separate intervals if you want boxes for each tie.

I took 2 ties to the store in Manhattan to be repaired and they gave me a box with them.. That's how I know.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Why do I have the sinking feeling this involves selling used Hermes ties as new with box on EBay?

This is most likely why Hermes would never give away boxes.

This reminds me of something my wife discovered - she has a lot of Hermes boxes (none of them for ties) and she found that empty cardboard boxes with the Hermes logo actually go for a decent amount on eBay. Some sellers were even selling the ribbon used to tie the boxes!

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why on earth are you getting excited about such boxes - how do you turn those into a status symbol?

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why on earth are you getting excited about such boxes - how do you turn those into a status symbol?

OP was very frustrated by a bowing issue on his Allen Edmonds. I believe he thereafter had a moment of inspiration from the ad below, but decided Hermes tie boxes would be a more sophisticated box choice.

cereal%20box%20shoes%20AD.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads