• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wildsmith shoe brand resurrected

Macs

Reaction score

So I'm still on the fence if I should spend more (G&G range) or a moderately priced shoe for a black wholecut. It will probably not be worn as much as my brown/burgundy shoes so I'm hesitating to go close to $1K.

Any wear pics of their Widsmiths? I really would like to see how the leather uppers are doing... Thanks!

Both my pairs (suede Brunswick oxford and George chukka) are doing very well with more than one year of quite intensive use (more than once a week, especially the chukkas)

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I'm still on the fence if I should spend more (G&G range) or a moderately priced shoe for a black wholecut. It will probably not be worn as much as my brown/burgundy shoes so I'm hesitating to go close to $1K.

Any wear pics of their Widsmiths? I really would like to see how the leather uppers are doing... Thanks!

I'm pleased with mine. Here they are after some use, not that often, but maybe 20-25 wears or something:

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Both my pairs (suede Brunswick oxford and George chukka) are doing very well with more than one year of quite intensive use (more than once a week, especially the chukkas)

Do you have pics of them recently by chance?

J, those have aged nicely... Might be worth a try. Thanks.

Last edited:

Macs

Reaction score
Here are the pics!
Please forgive the unpolished state
shog[1].gif

Macs

Reaction score
X-post from AS:

At the end of last week I got my shoes back from AS.
They are a pair of Wildsmith Brunswick in suede and were manufactured by AS.
After a year of use they desperately needed a resole (I had a hole in the left sole showing the cork, quite strange after such a short time), so I sent them in to AS asking for a full resole with oak bark tanned soles and two rows of brass nails at the toe, plus I asked for replacement laces for this pair and for another pair I own.
Everything went smooth and the final result is top quality, I am very happy and will keep shopping AS in the future.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is Wildsmith still going? I haven't heard much from them since Chay left. Unfortunate as their re-release produced interesting shoes.

I agree AS is a great value.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Personally I think it's a shame that they have the spacing between every other pair of eyelet on the wholecut, otherwise it looks really sweet. Actually Chay Cooper isn't working with the Wildsmith brand anymore. He was offered a good job at Crockett & Jones that he couldn't say no to, so he's working for them now. A shame for Wildsmith obviously, though James and Ian (the Cad & the Dandy folks who worked with Chay in the revival of the Wildsmith brand) will continue to work with it, the future will tell how Wildsmith will evolve now. I hope well, though Chay is definitely a big loss. BTW, if you use the discount code SHOEGAZING you get a 10% discount in Wildsmith. They don't advertise on my blog anymore, but I was told that the discount code still work.
Unfortunately I asked about the SHOEGAZING code and they said they would not honor it anymore. :uhoh: The brand was doing so well when Chay was involved (as when he aided in AS' revival) and Wildsmith seems to have really stalled since his departure. Oh well, my Covents (xpost from AS Thread):
26639528640_b3c5ec6578_z.jpg

grichl

Reaction score
Looks like Wildsmith is showing up on Herring for Black Friday and supposedly a new line of Wildsmith is coming out next year exclusive to Herring.

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah Piccadilly in mahogany calf looked good, would have pulled the trigger but all sold out for my sizes.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah Piccadilly in mahogany calf looked good, would have pulled the trigger but all sold out for my sizes.

Looks like the sale hasn't started yet until Friday no?

grichl

Reaction score
It started today. Picked up the navy calf and suede monk shoes and was going to get the mahogany Piccadilly as well, but all they have left is narrow. If there are any shoes you're considering would go for it soon as they're nearly out of stock.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads