• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who uses Cigarette Lighters?

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I used to have a 1930s Cartier lighter in sterling silver, and a sterling silver Dunhill Unique from the '20s.

I thought of getting a vintage '50s solid gold Dunhill, but then I realized I didn't even smoke--that much. A pack of cigarettes might last me two months.

TheGreek

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fcuknu
I have a few Dupont lighters, and I only use one of them regularly, which is sad.

My first dupont was a Chinese Lacquer and Palladium Gatsby. If anybody is interested, I am looking to move this lighter. Ill let it got for well below the 1000 MSRP. Send me a PM
smile.gif

52ae_1.JPG

Next came one of my favorites, a Ligne 2 Versailles Limited Edition lighter.
a-zlighters_2006_295818068

Then my most recent purchase was the Ligne 2 Fifth Avenue Limited Edition Lighter
a-zlighters_2002_39887458

All of these lighters I got a pretty good deal on because I know a guy who is an authorized Dupont Dealer, so he gives me pretty close to wholesale. The sad thing is these lighters are just not practical for the cigar smoker on the go. It is very tough to properly toast a cigar in the city with the wind and such. I just really rarely use these beauties. They are usually reserved for when I go to a smoking lounge or when I am lounging around the apartment.

The lighter I use most is this one:
a-zlighters_2006_296879406

The most reliable lighter I have ever used. It lights EVERY single time and has been flawless.

Love the Fifth Avenue Lighter, youve got a great collection!

hisroadside

Reaction score
thank you VitaminC for info on getting Sobranies, its true I bought mine in Prague. I ll find a friend to bring me back some I guess, until then it looks like I'll do with davidoff's, and I think ill stick to the black with gold filters, rainbow isn't exactly my thing, Ive also been told that its a faux pas to light a cigar with a lighter, but honestly its so much easier.

Thurston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by trajan
Good tip. Where do you find these matches?

--trajan

Most cigar retailers carry them. They're generally extra long (about 2") and branded, e.g. Davidoff. They're expensive. When at home, I generally use standard wooden giveaway matches, 2 at a time and wait a few seconds for the sulfur to burn off. I use lighters outside. There are always about three lighters and a pack of matches in my car.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee lin
how do you refill the duponts and cartiers? dunhill refills my lighter for me which i think sucks since i have to wait for it.

Why would you do that?

Those lighters are designed to be refilled at home with butane. Dupont has those insidiously expensive colored canisters.

benjaminarnold

Reaction score
main_jetlite3.jpg
nothing beats a ronson jetlite. less than 5 bucks at CVS, more reliable than other butane torches 100x more expensive, refillable, and classy. i carry mine everywhere.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zeeandthelostboys