• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which brand of clothing do you personally hate the most with a passion?

sevenyears

Reaction score
I've hated every single brand that has appeared on Jackthreds. I don't know why I keep checking on them, never have bought a thing and probably never will!

pronxs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
mall brands, rick, julius, other japanese derivative goth stuff with stupid names ie individual sentiments, symbols and numbers as brand names, red wings, oak street, sperrys, heritage reborn type garbage, womenswear designers that started mens lines etc

lol funny you didnt say quoddy. we all know why..

adidasfan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DerekS
i must agree....girls in juicy piss me off. here in nashville, a juicy tracksuit, uggs, and LV bag with prada shades so big they look like welding goggles is the style for the wimmins. And their boyfriends are always in true religions, and a button up with skulls, crosses, dragons, gnomes, wizardry, and sparkles...topped off with pointy toed boots.

They deserve each other!

adidasfan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sevenyears
I've hated every single brand that has appeared on Jackthreds. I don't know why I keep checking on them, never have bought a thing and probably never will!

........... has good stuff sometimes but always in the oddest sizes.
Not sure how they stay in biz.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sevenyears
I was actually thinking exactly this. I don't hate everything they sell - they sometimes have AA basics, and non-denim stuff from 3Sixteen crops up pretty regularly - but as a general rule of thumb, their stuff is what's wrong with streetwear. Pretty much every jacket, button-down, sweater, and even t-shirt has passants (what y'all are calling epaulets), tons of lame, trying-too-hard-to-be-clever graphic tees, ugly, pre-distressed jeans, New Era snap-backs, and Bed Stu boots. Oh, yeah, and Members Only jackets. Tons and tons of Members only Jackets. Worst of all, there's starting to be some significant overlap between what's on "JT" and what's on Gilt. edit: Didn't realize I couldn't write the name of the site. Interesting.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fuji
People only hate rolex because its expensive. They're branding is discrete, its just a small logo on the top of the dial, they're advertising isn't extravagant or flashy, the designs are fairly simple and discrete, its usually only 3rd parties who cover them in diamonds and make them blingy as ****, its just they're expensive as **** for what they are which is why people hate them.

very true.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
this lane ****** still swingin from the sack

i been saying for years michael bastian and tim hamilton are hot garbaggio but nobody listens

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
mall brands, rick, julius, other japanese derivative goth stuff with stupid names ie individual sentiments, symbols and numbers as brand names, red wings, oak street, sperrys, heritage reborn type garbage, womenswear designers that started mens lines etc

So to summarize what Jet does not like: Anything that's not from a pedigreed Euro-centric designer-- e.g. "he studied under Wolf Von Blazen at the prestigious Royal Academy of Fashion in Antwerp".

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
So to summarize what Jet does not like: Anything that's not from a pedigreed Euro-centric designer-- e.g. "he studied under Wolf Von Blazen at the prestigious Royal Academy of Fashion in Antwerp".

Jet secretly only buys Walter van Beirendonck because everything has a chubby man with an exposed penis on it somewhere

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thunderthighs
I don't mind expensive watches. I've owned a $7,000 MSRP Blancpain. I owned a Rolex at one point also and the only thing that amazed me about it was just how pedestrian (at best) it was for a something at its price point.

Rolex will still hold value way better than Blancpain watches though. What people do not understand is that Rolex resale value is part of the watch as a whole, a 10 years old Submariner can fetch a good price, almost 50% of the retail price or more of a new Submariner and now that the Submariner comes with ceramic bezel, the ss version are starting to become a collectors item and will have a higher selling price on the secondary market. If you actually just bought an ss Sub in the past year, you can probably sell it to a desperate man seeking that watch and make a profit. Any other watch brands out there outside of Rolex (and not named Patek or Panerai) depreciates almost as fast a car does once it leaves the dealership.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^so what you're saying is you buy a rolex so you can recoup money on it when you sell it after you realize how pedestrian they've become, gotcha

Originally Posted by BB1

precisely

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
^so what you're saying is you buy a rolex so you can recoup money on it when you sell it after you realize how pedestrian they've become, gotcha

Yes and no. People just want to be able to flip their purchases and not lose much money and that is why people buy them. It has nothing to do with being pedestrian, they're still employing an in-house movement and manufactures their own watches from scratch. That is more than what other brands can say that charges the same amount for their watch that has an ETA movement. Rolex is robust and a real workhorse, their customer service is topnotch so in the end, buy them if you like them and **** the haters.

coldforge

Reaction score
I get 100% of the retail price of a new Submariner by not buying a giant expensive watch to begin with.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads