• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where to find a good, bespoke shirtmaker?

Reaction score
Pretty much what's in the title. I mostly own MTM-shirts from Emanuel Berg, I'm very happy with them, but am looking to go full bespoke. I have tried Turnbull & Asser and while I wouldn't say that I'm unhappy with their products, I am not exactly happy either. The only requirment I would have is that I don't want to travel outside Germany for my shirts, so either the shirtmaker needs to be based in Germany or do regular trunk shows here.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not in Germany, but in Vienna.
I believe that Knize makes shirts.
Other Viennese shirt makers on list:

Jack Russell

Reaction score
Pretty much what's in the title. I mostly own MTM-shirts from Emanuel Berg, I'm very happy with them, but am looking to go full bespoke. I have tried Turnbull & Asser and while I wouldn't say that I'm unhappy with their products, I am not exactly happy either. The only requirment I would have is that I don't want to travel outside Germany for my shirts, so either the shirtmaker needs to be based in Germany or do regular trunk shows here.
Hi Werther Hartmann. I know that T&A do bespoke Trunk Shows with Ladage and Oelke in Hamburg, they were there earlier in the year. T&A also used to do Berlin too. Maybe check out their Instagram to see if they're travelling in September/October. British brands often do after the summer break.
Hope that helps?!

Thomas Auer

Reaction score
Have you tried Campe&Ohff as an entry level option? Alternativley I only know of Reisner in Munich. They seem to be rather good and produce In house in Munich. Vienna - of course - has plenty of options. Also, there might be some Italian makers doing Trunks shows in Germany as well.

Reaction score
Not in Germany, but in Vienna.
I believe that Knize makes shirts.
Other Viennese shirt makers on list:

Vienna has been mentioned twice already, so I'll make some appointments next time I'm in the region.

Hi Werther Hartmann. I know that T&A do bespoke Trunk Shows with Ladage and Oelke in Hamburg, they were there earlier in the year. T&A also used to do Berlin too. Maybe check out their Instagram to see if they're travelling in September/October. British brands often do after the summer break.
Hope that helps?!
As I said, I own a fair share of T&A bespoke shirts and don't plan on being a repeat customer.

Have you tried Campe&Ohff as an entry level option? Alternativley I only know of Reisner in Munich. They seem to be rather good and produce In house in Munich. Vienna - of course - has plenty of options. Also, there might be some Italian makers doing Trunks shows in Germany as well.
I will try both, thanks for the suggestions.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads