Where to copy cheap H&M pants in New York?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by frozenintime, Jan 19, 2008.

1. frozenintime

frozenintime New Member

Hi there

I have a cheap pair of black dress pants from H&M.
    For some reason, I love these pants - how they fit, how they feel, their weird, soft, synthetic polyester/rayon blend, etc. They probably cost $50.

They are a couple years old at this point. As anyone whose been to H&M more than once knows, they never quite offer the same thing twice, so as far as I know I am out of luck finding them again new.

I want more. I've actually had them duplicated at Mr Ned once, but was not entirely pleased with the result. For starters, they only work in wool and I am looking to use a similar fabric as the original.

I went to Hong Kong Jack this week and was quoted $500 fabric included. This is about twice what they were at Mr Ned, and when I questioned the price he walked over and pointed at a full color reproduction of his picture in New York Magazine, like that would change my mind.

Anyway - any idea on where I could fulfill this simple dream in the city for less than that?

Thanks!

2. mack11211

mack11211 Senior member

3. alliswell

alliswell Senior member

mytailor.com will do a good job too - I can't imagine that they'll ask much more than $200 to replicate H&M cut and fabric. (Still, for $200, you've really got to like those pants [​IMG])

4. Margaret

Margaret Senior member

I want more. I've actually had them duplicated at Mr Ned once, but was not entirely pleased with the result. For starters, they only work in wool and I am looking to use a similar fabric as the original. I went to Hong Kong Jack this week and was quoted $500 fabric included. This is about twice what they were at Mr Ned, and when I questioned the price he walked over and pointed at a full color reproduction of his picture in New York Magazine, like that would change my mind. Anyway - any idea on where I could fulfill this simple dream in the city for less than that? Thanks!
    Bump. I was about to start a thread on this same topic. Has anyone else had OTR stuff copied by a tailor in the NYC area? If so, I'd appreciate hearing what kinds of results you've had and approximate cost. I have some old Lands End slacks that fit perfectly, but the fabric and workmanship come up a bit short. Internet sites are a possibility, but I'm a bit leery of not being able to judge the fabric well. Thanks.

5. Despos

Despos Senior member Dubiously Honored

You won't be able to duplicate the feeling and drape of the original. Start your search for something you might enjoy just as much.