• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where to buy an ascot in San Francisco bay area?

mdavies

Reaction score
Howdy All,

I just occurred to me that my company holiday party theme is begging for an ascot. Seeing as how it is in 2 days I don't have time to go my traditional route and buy online. Can anybody recommend good places in or around San Francisco or Oakland to buy an ascot? A little Googling turned up Ceravelo and Cable Car but I was wondering if people knew of others. Ideally, not in the Turnbull & Asser price range since it probably won't get a ton of use.

Thanks!
Michael

ImTheGroom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Howdy All,

I just occurred to me that my company holiday party theme is begging for an ascot. Seeing as how it is in 2 days I don't have time to go my traditional route and buy online. Can anybody recommend good places in or around San Francisco or Oakland to buy an ascot? A little Googling turned up Ceravelo and Cable Car but I was wondering if people knew of others. Ideally, not in the Turnbull & Asser price range since it probably won't get a ton of use.

Thanks!
Michael

I can't help, but just for clarity for others to help, do you mean the informal kind:

The formal kind:

Or this kind:

Please do not view my inclusion of this picture as an endorsement of matching tie/pocket square sets.

mdavies

Reaction score
Definitely informal. The theme is tropical but also a little on the formal side so an open collar with a little panache seemed like a good idea to me.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Howdy All,

I just occurred to me that my company holiday party theme is begging for an ascot. Seeing as how it is in 2 days I don't have time to go my traditional route and buy online. Can anybody recommend good places in or around San Francisco or Oakland to buy an ascot? A little Googling turned up Ceravelo and Cable Car but I was wondering if people knew of others. Ideally, not in the Turnbull & Asser price range since it probably won't get a ton of use.

Thanks!
Michael

As you probably know, the Bay Area is not the best place to look for non-current apparel items.
I would check the Hound on Sutter and the website, A Suitable Wardrobe, run by Will Bohlke,
a long time Style Forum member.

mdavies

Reaction score
Thanks everybody for the tips. I would have liked to make it to Wingtip but time did not allow. I did, however, get to check out The Hound and Cable Car Clotheirs, both of which did have ascots. In the end I got a thin silk scarf from Couture Designer European Clothing that worked perfectly as an ascot. I'm not sure I would send somebody their if they couldn't deal with very pushy sales people but it worked for me in a pinch. Thanks everybody!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads