1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Where is your style going?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Superb0bo, Feb 12, 2008.

1. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

leprechaun going fishing
    thanks @ghdvfddzgzdzg

5 people like this.
  2. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

Bump for an oldie but a goodie

1 person likes this.
  3. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

So where is it going?

Same as the last year/s here. I´ve rediscovered "workwear" a little, but now the European version (including blindly ordering clothes from weird french shops that sell actual work clothes). Heavy fabrics (cord/moleskin), loose fit, dark colors, I imagine Arvo Pärt working in his garden in the 60´s. Or Monty Don. Im not following any brands other than Our legacy who´s shirts I reallly like, and Margaret Howell which I wish I could afford.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
  4. Grintricha

Grintricha Senior member

same as last year: i bloody love melange
    new: dobbie is my new thing to crave, the thought of a deep indigo dobbie's just given me a chubb

5. London

London Senior member

more Japanese ...more refned

6. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

More Japanese, less refined.

7. London

London Senior member

8. Louys

Louys Senior member

Lately I've really been appreciating the forum proverb: outwear, footwear spend more dough, for all else uniqlo. Unless I'm really conscious about what I'm wearing on an individual day I end up wearing the one of 3 pairs of jeans, and handful of more or less identical white/grey/natural tees.

2 people like this.
  9. e0d9n0b5

e0d9n0b5 Senior member

into the toilet

1 person likes this.
  10. dmash

dmash Senior member

Pretty close to myself. Summer is H&M shorts and tees..........cooler months I have one pair of raw denim, some S.N.S. Herning knits and two jackets. I practically revolve my look around super nice footwear.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
  11. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

I wish I could rock Eidos Napoli by day and Lemaire by night. Mix in some other things carried by some of my favorite stores.

1 person likes this.
  12. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

^^ is the man keeping you down?

I feel very at home in the goth version of heritage that I developed, the synthesis of my personality. Could imagine adding some Yohji to it. Appreciate that academia allows me to dress slightly eccentric.

Summer will be mostly black linen.

Very happy with realizing that Old Town´s "Borough" jacket has the best fit I ever tried. Have one for every season now. Content.

I still miss some boots that I love, and some lighter derbies for summer. Might get something slightly distressed from Italy..:embar:

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
  13. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

I don't think my actual style has changed as much as my taste or what influences it.

The hyper modern, strict, technical aesthetic don't appeal to me as much as it used to.
    I am still into a clean and pure look (in lack of a better word), but now its less technical and more casual tailoring, preferably with a slightly unconventional or loose fit.

I have also introduced more color, although restricted to a subdued palette of blues, earth tones, etc.

3 people like this.
  14. ttam19

ttam19 Member

Just looser clothing. Sportswear influenced.

15. Dr Huh?

Dr Huh? Senior member

The older I get, the more I find myself drifting to the boring. Neutral colors, minimal patterns, comfortable sweaters, etc. Old man style, basically. I think I'm done with jeans altogether.

1 person likes this.
  16. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

I can't imagine not owning any jeans. Probably half of my pants are jeans.

17. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

Less focused on focus on pants and tops, more focused on shoes and watches. Can't go crazy everywhere at once.

18. il_colonnello

il_colonnello Senior member

Interesting thread, don't think I've seen it before.

Over the last 2-3 years I have sampled many styles as documented by my posts in the purchases thread.. When I started getting into the last one - Raf, Dries, and some Japanese/vaguely avant-garde-ish leanings - I was 100 per cent certain that I had settled on what I would wear for the foreseeable future, and anyway for many years to come.

Lately however I have noticed that my interest not only in those Belgian/Japanese designers but in fashion in general has been fading. At the same time, what few items I have bought have been by Dior, Hermes and Bottega Veneta. Last week I bought a leather belt at my local Hermes boutique and a leather holdall by Bottega Veneta (this one, now my be-all-and-end-all of travel bags) and feel that I have arrived at the final step in my evolution: I really only care about quality of fabrics, materials and workmanship any more whereas things like design and coolness factor have all but lost importance. I don't mind getting fewer and less conspicuous things if they represent the ultimate in materials and construction and I feel that I don't get that from mid-tier labels like Dries Van Noten or Viridianne etc. This is also why I much prefer Dior to SLP - DH under KVA may not have anywhere near the same hype/coolness factor as Slimane-era SLP, but in terms of quality, there is simply no comparison.

Last edited: May 9, 2016
  19. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

I am only wearing thrashed jeans, running shoes, oh and now I have a mullet.

7 people like this.
  20. MaiLam

MaiLam Senior member

Tbf, I don't think it was an overly onerous task to buy fewer items, in your case :D