• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

drile

Reaction score

Thanks guys. I'm going to purchase them.

Well I was pretty excited to open the package today. Upon opening it though, I knew something wasn't quite right. I'll call tomorrow to exchange for an actual new, unworn pair.

drile

Reaction score
Yeah the color difference was the very first thing I noticed before the scuffs or turning them over and looking at the soles.

drile

Reaction score
Replacements have arrived. There are a few imperfections and there are some marks on one of the heels and inside where some labels were clearly removed and left residue. The top of the left vamp has a small mark as well (you can see in the close up pic). I'm inclined to keep these ones as the residue on the heel and inside will wear off and the rest will be ok with a nice polishing I think.

What do you guys say?

katch

Reaction score
I would lobby for an additional discount. Looks like these were a floor model

Replacements have arrived. There are a few imperfections and there are some marks on one of the heels and inside where some labels were clearly removed and left residue. The top of the left vamp has a small mark as well (you can see in the close up pic). I'm inclined to keep these ones as the residue on the heel and inside will wear off and the rest will be ok with a nice polishing I think.

What do you guys say?

518aata

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^
Is there a difference in the color of the replacement shoes? I can't tell for sure in the picture. If not, I don't think I'd bother asking for an additional discount. Even if they started out perfect, they'd probably look like this at the end of the first day you wore them. And, as you said, a good polishing should address any minor imperfections.

drile

Reaction score

^^
Is there a difference in the color of the replacement shoes? I can't tell for sure in the picture. If not, I don't think I'd bother asking for an additional discount. Even if they started out perfect, they'd probably look like this at the end of the first day you wore them. And, as you said, a good polishing should address any minor imperfections.

Color is consistent on this pair

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What do you guys say?

[
/quote]

none of that would bother me; give them a polish and those marks will go away. if not, wear them a single time and you'll have new marks all your own that would be indistinguishable from those.

Jackboot

Reaction score
I could use a friends & family sale right now. It's been about 3 months I think. Anybody know if one is coming up soon?

Jackboot

Reaction score
Anyone else notice that BB fulfilled the Black Fleece shirt orders with plain plastic buttons rather than the standard BF mother of pearl buttons? They were indeed advertised as using mother of pearl buttons. Also, the BF shirts normally come with a couple of extra MOP buttons, but they failed to include extra buttons of any sort.

I understand these were "clearance" shirts, but the whole idea of clearance is that you get the standard product at a reduced price, not a reduced-quality product for a reduced price.

katch

Reaction score

I could use a friends & family sale right now. It's been about 3 months I think. Anybody know if one is coming up soon?

They really should have an "additional 25% off clearance items" They've got a lot in that section that doesn't seem to be moving

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coongameb52