• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
will BB let you stack the corporate discount on top of the F&F event?

On a related note, does anybody have the milano flannel pants? if so, how do you like them?

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No.

Got the conistons today, C&J 325 last, so nice minus the color. If it was any other color I'd keep for sure, black has me 50-50 right now. Also pair I got seems like it's been worn before since insole has a slight foot imprint already. Also is this how danite is supposed to look new?
Got home after dark so instagram filter is the only way boot shows up clearly via iPhone:
tumblr_ma7ujuLyTr1qb0bszo1_500.jpg

Danite sole that seems a bit unfinished?
tumblr_ma7upiSSz51qb0bszo1_500.jpg

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No.
Got the conistons today, C&J 325 last, so nice minus the color. If it was any other color I'd keep for sure, black has me 50-50 right now. Also pair I got seems like it's been worn before since insole has a slight foot imprint already. Also is this how danite is supposed to look new?
Got home after dark so instagram filter is the only way boot shows up clearly via iPhone:
tumblr_ma7ujuLyTr1qb0bszo1_500.jpg

Danite sole that seems a bit unfinished?
tumblr_ma7upiSSz51qb0bszo1_500.jpg
Damn! Those are some fly shoes. Are they new? I would be really upset that the daniete looks like that/

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Damn! Those are some fly shoes. Are they new? I would be really upset that the daniete looks like that/

Supposed to be. I think someone tried them on indoors for hours though as there is a slight imprint in insole already. Gonna try to exchange for another 10.5d this saturday but will probably return it as color just doesn't work

CYstyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

On a related note, does anybody have the milano flannel pants? if so, how do you like them?

No. Corp discount only works on full price and those everyday value (3/219 or w/e) but can't stack on sale/clearance items, and other events.

Edit: well the exception would be the 15% or w/e to sign up for a BB card. that would stack with the corp discount. and f&F etc

Last edited:

Sleven

Reaction score

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Since I'm buying these shoes I have been looking into them myself. Once I get a response (if online doesn't give before me) I will definitely let you know!

Love those suede ones--the others not so much.

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Need some advice on BB suiting for the upcoming corporate event.

I'm thinking of picking up either:

1. Golden Fleece Solid Navy ($1900 minus corp discount)

2. Two 1818 suits: one solid navy and a three-piece. (1700 minus corp discount)

Is the additional cost worth the fabric and construction? I know that GF is fully canvassed and 1818 is half, but I'm wondering if there is an issue of diminishing returns once I get into Golden Fleece territory.

Do the GF suits use the same fabrics as 1818 (vitale)? Better fabrics?

amathew

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Need some advice on BB suiting for the upcoming corporate event.
I'm thinking of picking up either:
1. Golden Fleece Solid Navy ($1900 minus corp discount)
2. Two 1818 suits: one solid navy and a three-piece. (1700 minus corp discount)
Is the additional cost worth the fabric and construction? I know that GF is fully canvassed and 1818 is half, but I'm wondering if there is an issue of diminishing returns once I get into Golden Fleece territory.
Do the GF suits use the same fabrics as 1818 (vitale)? Better fabrics?

How often do you wear suits?

If you don't wear suits often (meaning not more than once a week), I recommend getting one good suit, and the BB GF suit is an excellent choice.

There is a clear difference between the 1818 and GF lines, but I'd let your expected use of a suit dictate which one you purchase, as opposed to the quality of each (both are good, GF is better though)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads