• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's the most expensive piece of clothing or clothing accessory that you've lost?

McBindle

Reaction score
Pre-styleforum I lost the vents to a fantastic suit jacket in a failed attempt to add waist suppression. The alteration guy said it was the only way to do it and that it was a "modern" look. "Aha," I thought, "I really know something about the sartorial arts now!" I enthusiastically marched ahead with it, one square-toed shoe in front of the other.
I think it was vox who once said, "you are more ridiculous than a ventless suit jacket." Those words haunt me to this day.

tone76

Reaction score
I realise this would be more relevant if this thread was in SW&D, but when I was 16 someone broke into my house and stole my Air Jordan VIs; they were about AUD$250 a pair at the time.

Last edited:

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great story!

Thanks to the kindness of a stranger:
I went to Europe for two conferences, one in London and the other in Berlin, Germany. Due to my dislike of flying, I decided to rent a car in London and drive to Berlin. When I arrived several hours later at the hotel (10/11 hours of solid driving from Calais), I thought I had taken my suit out of the car. When I woke up next morning, I could not find the suit pants in my hotel room. I was in a panic. I had to present a paper in around 2 hours, and I would have no choice but to turn up in jeans and use the jacket like a sports coat. When I went outside, I saw my suit pants folded neatly on the roof of my car. Its dusty muddy state meant I dropped them on the floor and some kind stranger decided to pick them up and place on the car.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My sister had her purse stolen in front of our eyes (without us noticing) at a restaurant.. Normally not the end of the world... but it was our last day in a foreign country and contained 750 euros cash and her passport. Needless to say, she didn't leave the next day. This is when we were poor students and she was living in expensive London. It made things difficult. She said she'd never return to that country. She now lives there and is married. You can get over losing things like that.

But back to my old post... I still miss my gold pocket watch given to me by my grandparents. It was even engraved with my initials. I know I must have left it at a concert backstage somewhere. I'll never get it back and my grandmother passed away very unexpectedly this year. Luckily I do have my grandfather's engraved enameled cufflinks. We share the same initials and it's something I hope to pass on to my son if I have children.

Last edited:

Winston S.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to be better at not losing these, but apparently not anymore. Have lost a Montblanc, Waterman, and Dunhill pen all in the last 18 months. Granted not super expensive, but the most I've ever lost. There was also another one that I lost, but don't really remember it. Maybe it wasn't that nice.

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Quote:
My sister had her purse stolen in front of our eyes (without us noticing) at a restaurant.. Normally not the end of the world... but it was our last day in a foreign country and contained 750 euros cash and her passport. Needless to say, she didn't leave the next day. This is when we were poor students and she was living in expensive London. It made things difficult. She said she'd never return to that country. She now lives there and is married. You can get over losing things like that.
But back to my old post... I still miss my gold pocket watch given to me by my grandparents. It was even engraved with my initials. I know I must have left it at a concert backstage somewhere. I'll never get it back and my grandmother passed away very unexpectedly this year. Luckily I do have my grandfather's engraved enameled cufflinks. We share the same initials and it's something I hope to pass on to my son when I have children.

FIFY. my wife had our first child recently, a baby boy. having children is the most wonderful thing in the world. its stressful and expensive but you can really make a difference if you bring them up well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads