• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Were You Wearing 10 Years Ago? WAYWRN-X

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Ready to argue down anyone who doesn't get why Illmatic is no 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 on the list of greatest rap albums ever.

Youre on dope. Its top 10, but by no means does it deserve to occupy the top 5 slots. Nas is amazing, but Biggie wins, sorry bro.

Yes I am ready for this battle.

CentralParkMan

Reaction score
I shudder just thinking back to my style 10 years ago. I would've been 13 and back then I lived in jeans, casual nike shoes and plain black and white t-shirts ha ha. I wasn't very adventurous and had absolutely no concept of style.

size 38R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Youre on dope. Its top 10, but by no means does it deserve to occupy the top 5 slots. Nas is amazing, but Biggie wins, sorry bro.

Cough, no comment. (goes back to listening to public enemy)

Last edited:

chocsosa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tupac. /battle.

Biggs is better from a lyrical point of view... Pac is better from an expansive point of view..his music dealt with heart felt matters and his persona of being a bad ass furthered his music..Bigg had a better flow, more lyrical..definitely a better battle rapper.. Tupac was a deep thinker that could relay that on paper..if it was a pure battle based on who could out do who lyrically in a battle.. biggs would win 9.5/10.. Tupac was just real in his music and poignant in the delivery of his struggles, which is beautiful.. but if I were to choose a person to battle then I'd pic Pac any day.. I would stand a better chance against him then biggie

Tirailleur1

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I was going to respond with a disertation on why Illmatic will forever be the canon for a Hip-Hop classic... but then I got lazy... all I will say is... IT IS ILLMATIC BRO

yeah Biggie is better than Nas... I agree there... but Illmatic is better than anything Biggie made. Ready to Die is obv no 2...

my top 14

1. Illmatic
  2. Illmatic
  3. Illmatic
  4. Illmatic
  5. Illmatic
  6. Ready to Die
  7. Enter the 36 Chambers
  8. It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back
  9. Only Built for Cuban Linx...
  10. Amerikkka's Most Wanted
  11. Paid in Full
  12. Low End Theory
  13. Madvillainy
  14. Paul's Boutique

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I never understood hip hop's canonization of Biggie. Was he good, yes, particularly if you compare him to his current peers. But people act like, not only was he the best, but he broke some crazy ground in hip hop that no one had ever done or has done since his death. I am not the biggest NAS fan although I do think he is more innovative than Biggie and I put him and Jay Z above Biggie. I don't know who the "best" rapper is, depending on what you are looking for that could mean a million different things. I will tell you who I would prefer to listen to other than biggie (assume I mean the best album put out by each) : A Tribe called Quest, Public Enemy, Cypress Hill, De La Soul, Slick Rick, Boogie Down Productions, RUN DMC (how can people forget about them :confused:), EPMD. Then there are the guys that I just love listening them rap, even if the song/album might not be that good, guys like Kool G Rap, Kool Keith (ultramagnetic MC's), Big Daddy Kane. Yeah I'm old, get off my lawn :slapfight:

LilacCords

Reaction score
What I was wearing 15 years ago :D

D7C57F24-06B4-4DCE-92F1-672178CE9028-4576-000002A746396DF2_zpsd7c2ffd9.jpg

633F1AAF-7079-46ED-A4AC-B59B28AA9FB6-4576-000002A73F1E4AA4_zpsff206828.jpg

5DC41977-1588-4025-B8AA-E12812E8ACE7-4576-000002A736D9D1BC_zps5a11f6b4.jpg

833559A4-F3EB-43AB-88B6-90031BDEC230-4576-000002A72FF52F2A_zpse32213c2.jpg

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I never understood hip hop's canonization of Biggie. Was he good, yes, particularly if you compare him to his current peers. But people act like, not only was he the best, but he broke some crazy ground in hip hop that no one had ever done or has done since his death. I am not the biggest NAS fan although I do think he is more innovative than Biggie and I put him and Jay Z above Biggie. I don't know who the "best" rapper is, depending on what you are looking for that could mean a million different things. I will tell you who I would prefer to listen to other than biggie (assume I mean the best album put out by each) : A Tribe called Quest, Public Enemy, Cypress Hill, De La Soul, Slick Rick, Boogie Down Productions, RUN DMC (how can people forget about them :confused:), EPMD. Then there are the guys that I just love listening them rap, even if the song/album might not be that good, guys like Kool G Rap, Kool Keith (ultramagnetic MC's), Big Daddy Kane. Yeah I'm old, get off my lawn :slapfight:

What is Cypres Hill doing on this list?

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
The fact that Outkast has not been mentioned is a crime. Best storytellers in hip hop history. You've also all forgotten about the great influence to NYC rap: Houston. SMDH.

Tirailleur1

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
cuz Cypress Hill is actually great...

To me either Rakim or Biggie earn the top spot but I won't be mad if anyone has the following over them

Nas
Jay
KRS

Plus Ed Kool Keith, Kool G Rap and BDk had good to great albums... **** BDK could be considered top 5. (Yes I know he had some terrible albums but his great stuff is up there)

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
Was more stating they haven't made an appearance (via album mention). Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik and ATLiens are two of my favorite albums, all time, across any genre. Aquemini isn't far behind on that list.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads