• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What wallet do you use?

walds11

Reaction score

Yes, definitely softened up and (depending on how many cards I cram into it) feels like it "thinned out. It's very sleek and unobtrusive in a pocket. One thing I want to stress though is that it never feels shoddy or like it's wearing out. More like "breaking in" - it gets better with age and you can tell the quality over time.

BTW - the gray looks awesome. I don't remember seeing that version when I got mine. Enjoy it!

This is reassuring feedback. Not only are the edges a little thick, they are squared off. I do 5 cards (2 cards in one slot, 1 in each of the remaining slots) and some cash in the center. I totally get it. This card holder is a masterpiece.

I'm loving the grey. Classy, neutral and understated!

Supergenius

Reaction score
I'm glad you are enjoying it. I hope it lasts a long time and you get that sense of satisfaction every time you pull it out of your pocket.

One question - does the gray version have a yellow interior in the pocket for paper money?

walds11

Reaction score
I feel that sense of gratification and I haven't used it yet :slayer:

Yes, it has yellow pebbled leather in the center slot. It also has yellow pebbled leather in the side card slots, on one side. Nice touch!

The half folded cash pops out the top of the center slot a little. I've found that with most card holders. Minor annoyance, but not that end of the world. If I have a big wad, I use a money clip.

Last edited:

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is a bit of a multi thread cross post, but I also haven't posted much in this subforum over the past half decade or so.

I participated in the SF Secret Santa, as I do every year, and I received a boon of a gift from our very own @PierpontLeather who is a master at his craft. A bifold wallet with 6 card holders in American Alligator with contrast sticth and interior. I will be using this beauty for many years to come. It is a marvel to behold and please don't let my terrible photography skills dissuade you from checking his stuff out, so please take a look at Parker's own excellent photography skills: http://www.styleforum.net/t/523849/pierpont-leather-official-affiliate-thread/100_50#post_8648942

ParkerPierpont

Reaction score
A few teasers. You can read more about it on my thread if you'd like. A few of my favorite leathers.

Trying a ready-to-ship collection of limited edition items.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A few teasers. You can read more about it on my thread if you'd like. A few of my favorite leathers.

Trying a ready-to-ship collection of limited edition items.

The color and texture of that leather looks pretty awesome. What is it?

ParkerPierpont

Reaction score
It's a type of traditional vachetta with a modern twist. It's insanely cool looking. It burnishes to an awesome patina, which is really dramatic considering how insanely matte it looks straight from the tannery. Full vegetable tannage, just like the dark brown buttero it's paired with.

Friday

Reaction score

Been using this one I made a few years ago, I thought I'd share because of how it's aging. It's become incredibly soft of the years and has become one of my go-to's, especially paired with denim.

walds11

Reaction score

Hermes wallet quality is insane. The leather, saddlestiching on all stiches, leather skivving to make it as thin as possible, and finishing is soo nice. Probably one of the best quality wallets in the world...but admittedly still overpriced.

Here's mine. mc2 Copernic in matte alligator in blue marine...reminds me of xenomorph skin.

That is a very nice Hermes gator wallet! The scale pattern is fascinating and very unique. I've always been a fan of gator. I handled one recently at my local Hermes Boutique. The quality is through the roof! And quite pricey!

Anyone have the Hermes MC² Darwin card holder?

http://usa.hermes.com/leather/small...&back_search=q+MC²+Darwin|back_from_product+1

I've been using card holders with two external slots and one internal slot for years. I carry cash separately in a titanium money clip. My latest purchase was a Goyard St. Sulpice card holder. I love it, but want to try something different. The Hermes MC² Darwin is a simple folding card holder. At 2.55"x3.9", its super compact. I like the complete lack of branding on the outside, which makes it a discrete piece.

ParkerPierpont

Reaction score
That is a very nice Hermes gator wallet! The scale pattern is fascinating and very unique. I've always been a fan of gator. I handled one recently at my local Hermes Boutique. The quality is through the roof! And quite pricey!

Anyone have the Hermes MC² Darwin card holder?

http://usa.hermes.com/leather/small...&back_search=q+MC²+Darwin|back_from_product+1

I've been using card holders with two external slots and one internal slot for years. I carry cash separately in a titanium money clip. My latest purchase was a Goyard St. Sulpice card holder. I love it, but want to try something different. The Hermes MC² Darwin is a simple folding card holder. At 2.55"x3.9", its super compact. I like the complete lack of branding on the outside, which makes it a discrete piece.

I personally use that type of wallet as an everyday wallet and it's extremely versatile. Additionally, if card pockets stretch out a bit over time, the folding design keeps the cards from falling out if you happen to be carrying less cash or slim down your carry one day.

walds11

Reaction score

I personally use that type of wallet as an everyday wallet and it's extremely versatile. Additionally, if card pockets stretch out a bit over time, the folding design keeps the cards from falling out if you happen to be carrying less cash or slim down your carry one day. 

Parker, thanks for your feedback. Much appreciated. I'll be heading over to your Pierpont Leather - Official Affiliate Thread shortly :)

Deusis

Reaction score
One week of use on my personal Horween Unglazed Natural Shell Cordovan "test pattern" bifold. This particular bifold is not hand stitched but is machine stitched with #138 natural thread. I am particularly proud of the cleanliness on both sides of it.

All these photos are taken on a piece of unused, clean Unglazed Natural Shell for comparison.

ParkerPierpont

Reaction score
One week of use on my personal Horween Unglazed Natural Shell Cordovan "test pattern" bifold. This particular bifold is not hand stitched but is machine stitched with #138 natural thread. I am particularly proud of the cleanliness on both sides of it.

All these photos are taken on a piece of unused, clean Unglazed Natural Shell for comparison.

Beautiful tones here, @Deusis

OzWino

Reaction score
Im looking for a new bifold wallet, something that will age and last for 5-10yrs. I was considering Ettinger or Equus in calf or goat, (but happy to have other suggestions). Obviously a price difference between the two, but does one last longer than another?

Anyone have any guidance of older pieces they use regularly, and how they have lasted.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads