• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What wallet do you use?

ParkerPierpont

Reaction score
Long wallet:

@ambyance what is the benefit to having a zip on a bifold? Are you looking for this without the foil stamp?

Last edited:

alex99

Reaction score

can anyone recommend me a black zip bifold wallet with silver zippers with coin pouch that isn't comically huge like rick's?

trying to find toj large wallet alt but it's harder than ive imagined

interior leather color preferably black

minimal branding 

Have you looked at Tanner Goods? I think there is room to put coins in it, but not sure about a separate pouch

https://www.tannergoods.com/collections/wallets/products/zipper-wallet

"Cut from 3 oz. Meridian English bridle, the Universal Zip Wallet features two card slots, and a single split bill pocket all made secure by a high quality Riri Zipper in antique brass. Each is handmade with care in our Randolph workshop and measures 4.5” x 3.25”. "

ambyance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you looked at Tanner Goods? I think there is room to put coins in it, but not sure about a separate pouch

https://www.tannergoods.com/collections/wallets/products/zipper-wallet

"Cut from 3 oz. Meridian English bridle, the Universal Zip Wallet features two card slots, and a single split bill pocket all made secure by a high quality Riri Zipper in antique brass. Each is handmade with care in our Randolph workshop and measures 4.5” x 3.25”. "
that isnt a bifold mate....

hayzum

Reaction score
Tried my hand at making my own wallets and card holders. Although calf was the easy choice I've opted for ostrich leg due to its texture. Plus when it comes to exotics, ostrich leg is not as prevalent as say gator or croc.

Last edited:

Death24xASecond

Reaction score
Actually, seeing all the lovely wallets in this thread, I'm thinking more and more about an SF x ___ collaboration to make a luxe variant on the Secrid design. I don't know how many here might be interested, but there seems to be ample talent on these boards to take on such a project...

walds11

Reaction score
I have the Bosca Weekend leather card wallet with single gusset currency opening. I'm thinking of stepping it up to a Burberry Horseferry Check Card Case. I just love the distinctive check pattern.

Friday

Reaction score
Made this little guy and have been using this one most of the time lately. Single piece of English bridle leather, nice and slim. I keep a few of the cards I use most in the front slot, the rest in the back. It's starting to wear nicely.

walds11

Reaction score

Crappy phone pic of above-referenced Goyard piece:

I ordered one of these Goyard St. Sulpice card holders in grey from Barney’s NYC. Out of all the colors, I like grey the most. It’s very classy and neutral. Barney's NYC was very easy to deal with over the phone and delivery is tomorrow. I can’t wait!

How is yours holding up?

ParkerPierpont

Reaction score
Met a guy at The Proper Kit on Saturday who had one of these and it was about 2 years old. It looked really nice - exactly like the picture.

They use some kind of lacquer on the edges that had peeled away on a top corner. Easily fixed, but worth noting.

Other than that, it looked very nice. He mentioned that he had used it daily.

I was impressed. @walds11

Last edited:

walds11

Reaction score
^That's good to hear. I've seen a new one in the flesh. The quality and craftsmanship is on point. The chevron pattern on the canvas is really unique. They do some nice touches like use a yellow pebbled leather on the inside of the slots.

ParkerPierpont

Reaction score
I agree, it's very good quality. Didn't get to see the color of the inside of the pockets (as it was in use.) Though, knowing that it's there makes me like it even more. Little quirky things like that are awesome. Lots of high end stuff doesn't seem to have much of a sense of humor about it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads