• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately?

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it as good as the books?
About as good as that translation can be in my opinion. Connelly is involved in the production and it shows. Some license is taken but the plot line are pretty true to the books in flavor. I say this as someone who has read every book written by Connelly and consider him my favorite writer of that genre.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
About as good as that translation can be in my opinion. Connelly is involved in the production and it shows. Some license is taken but the plot line are pretty true to the books in flavor. I say this as someone who has read every book written by Connelly and consider him my favorite writer of that genre.
Yes, same here (read every Connelly book). Love them.

Good that the TV version stands up to the books. The fellow who plays Bosch (can't recall his name right now, and I do not have Amazon) is a good actor in other things I've seen. He feels like the right casting for that role.

I like Walter Mosley too. Devil in a Blue Dress with Denzel Washington was a good film, but I have never seen either TV series of his books.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Bosch is back on Amazon

Last night, in the wee hours, when the earth was still and the room’s only light was the flicker of my phone, I learned a terrible truth: that the girl we know as Maddie Bosch is in fact little Sophia, of The Walking Dead. Sophia of the wheat; Sophia of the barn!

What the eff is happening!

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, same here (read every Connelly book). Love them.

Good that the TV version stands up to the books. The fellow who plays Bosch (can't recall his name right now, and I do not have Amazon) is a good actor in other things I've seen. He feels like the right casting for that role.

I like Walter Mosley too. Devil in a Blue Dress with Denzel Washington was a good film, but I have never seen either TV series of his books.
I'll check Mosley out . I really like books from that genre that are true to a place like Connellys LA. James Lee Burkes Dave Robicheaux books are spot on to Southern Louisiana, a very unique place and my home for the first 20 years of my life.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll check Mosley out . I really like books from that genre that are true to a place like Connellys LA. James Lee Burkes Dave Robicheaux books are spot on to Southern Louisiana, a very unique place and my home for the first 20 years of my life.
I really like Burke too, read a lot of the Robichaux books.

I think you would enjoy Mosley quite a bit. He is from Los Angeles (now lives in NYC) so typically LA, sometimes Houston, are the places. Fantastic writer, and a kind of essence of cool.

And then there is also Elmore Leonard.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@ter1413 semi alluded to it but we've definitely now reached the era of post peak tv. Whether that's mediocre tv or just too much tv i don't know.

The streaming services were great at the start because it was a creative explosion and now it's just an explosion. Like with only so many prime time hours networks had to be super selective. And it's already hard enough to make good art that at best we could have only what, a dozen or so quality programs a year? Now there's a billion platforms with no effort made at being judicious?

Anyway.... https://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comments/g7sfv6/the_offspring_did_a_cover_of_joe_exotics_diss/

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads