• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What makes Dents `heritage' worth the extra $$$

Son Of Saphir

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bought some Dents classic range gloves in shop but would like something better.
Why are the `heritage' range better?

TN001

Reaction score
Having never owned the classic range, I'm not sure. I always thought the model dictated which range it was in. So if you wanted peccary with a cashmere lining, it was going to be the heritage line by default. Both of my pairs are cork peccary with cashmere linings (one with a wrist button and one without), and they are very fine gloves. The leather is thick, they articulate well, and the lining is as robust as cashmere gets and stays attached quite well.

Son Of Saphir

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Having never owned the classic range, I'm not sure. I always thought the model dictated which range it was in. So if you wanted peccary with a cashmere lining, it was going to be the heritage line by default. Both of my pairs are cork peccary with cashmere linings (one with a wrist button and one without), and they are very fine gloves. The leather is thick, they articulate well, and the lining is as robust as cashmere gets and stays attached quite well.

Would have bought the `heritage' glove if it was available.
The problem with the non heritage line (classic range) is that:
1) the glove flares out at the wrist (not cut properly imo) so it inelegant
2) has no glove quirks, so it has limited movement.

My pair is deerskin with cashmere lining.
A decent glove,
but not the luxury desired.
Glove quirks.jpg

stuffedsuperdud

Reaction score
The heritage collection is their line of classic designs, and AFAIK the only ones made at their Warminster factory. The rest are outsourced. That might be a main reason they cost more. You can decide if "Made In GB" is worth it. I have the Rushton and it's certainly as luxurious as it gets, though as with most CM, it's not as ideal as a pair of ski gloves if it gets really cold and/or you're out shoveling snow or something.

It's also the only collection that includes peccary, which of course will make things more expensive. I know peccary is supposed to be some sort of magical material that is soft and strong at the same time, but I suspect its choice as a material has less to do with that and more to do with the thrill it gave some idle Victorian aristocrat to hire a man to sail halfway around the world to darkest Peru, risk his life in combat with some obnoxious feral pig, and return with its hide to be turned into a pair of yellow hand-coverings, which said lord could then use to slap his rivals and demand satisfaction. Man it's probably good to be king.

djohns7275

Reaction score
The Heritage line are made in the UK factory . The rest of the range is made in the Philippines . The Heritage line have cashmere that is sourced from a Scottish supplier the others I am not sure where the cashmere comes from . Dent's have three sales a year , A summer sale , a winter sale and a black Friday sale . During those sales they offer 20% off . You can also get an extra 10% off for signing up to the website , so a total of 30% off .

I have the Heritage line of gloves and Merola gloves . I would say the heritage ones are better . I would also say they are way over priced at the full website price . I suspect that they don't really expect to sell gloves at the full website price and it's geared to sell when they have their sales .

johng70

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a few Heritage and one pair non-heritage. The leather and lining is definitely different in addition to where the gloves are made. Unfortunately, the price of Dents has gone through the roof - especially since I'm in the US and years ago I could buy from their UK site and just pay the current exchange rate. They now have a US site and the price difference is much more than just the exchange rate - which is why my last pair was a non heritage gloves from a sale.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads