What do you do when girls ask you...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by MilanoStyle, Apr 3, 2005.

1. MilanoStyle

MilanoStyle Senior member

I was out this Friday night to a trendy part of Toronto. I was wearing Hugo Boss baldessarini black lamb skin blazer, hugo boss casual metal pin stripe dress shirt, nudie jean, and black Cole-hann tapered loafer. As I was walking, a girl spot me, approached me, and said, "I love your outfit. You must got it from Banana Republic didn't you? I love that store .. blah .." I responded, "No. I buy everything from Walmart" and I moved on. If the girl was HB9+ then I would stick around with her, but she was not [​IMG] Anyways, for the situation like this, how would you guys handle it? I do not like to tell people what I wear in person, since that would sound like I'm showing off.

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Just smile and say thanks. Who cares if she doesn't know that much about men's fashion? Obviously, she was paying you a compliment. You could have at least made some small talk - and if, in the conversation, you mentioned offhand how you were breaking in your Nudies, she might even have been impressed by your interest. Just don't mention how much you paid and what the brands are. I don't know any quality woman who is impressed by that line. If you talk about how great your car is, and she is impressed because it is expensive and prestigious, run away quickly.

3. Roy

Roy Senior member

That is how I react as well. It's a compliment, so learn to receive compliments or dress down [​IMG]

4. MilanoStyle

Yes, smile would be the choice if she did not assoicate my outfit with BR. But .. point taken any how.

5. Sevcom

Sevcom Senior member

What they said. Use that as an opener, and talk with her for a bit. Who cares if she mentioned BR? Most women aren't up on men's fashion anyway, so they don't have much of a point of reference. Most guys don't know much about women's fashion either.

BTW, what's HB9+?

6. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Senior member

LOL, that happens from time to time. It's a difficult problem to deal with. Generally your best option is to say "something like that." Mention how you like BR too and complement her on something she's wearing. Because even if she's a cow, she may have cute friends. [​IMG]

7. Renault78law

Renault78law Senior member

Quoted for truth

8. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

(montecristo#4 @ April 03 2005,11:28) LOL, that happens from time to time. It's a difficult problem to deal with. Generally your best option is to say "something like that." Mention how you like BR too and complement her on something she's wearing. Because even if she's a cow, she may have cute friends. [​IMG]
    Quoted for truth
    Yeah, but oftentimes this dictates that you become her friend and then she has to introduce you to them...I'm too lazy to go through that process without at least some guaranteed possibility of a positive outcome. Jon.

9. Pink22m

Pink22m Senior member

[​IMG]

10. aybojs

aybojs Senior member

I think it means he's been reading too much alt.seduction.fast, or whatever it's called.

11. MilanoStyle

(Sevcom @ April 03 2005,13:15) BTW, what's HB9+?
    I think it means he's been reading too much alt.seduction.fast, or whatever it's called.
    HB = Hot Babe. I would give Tara Patrick 9 [​IMG]

12. Aaron

Aaron Senior member

I don't know what alt.seduction.fast is (I'll guess...) but I took HB9+ to mean Hot Body 9+ (on a scale of 1-10). Meaning she's getting into model hot territory.

A.

13. jmswentworth

jmswentworth Senior member

A nomad in a suit: London, Frankfurt, Milan, Paris
    So, elaborate, how was she?

Shockingly bad or just average?

14. mussel

mussel Senior member

There's no need to be sacarstic. Just smiles and says thanks. It's a decent and polite response regardless of her HB scale.

15. jmswentworth

jmswentworth Senior member

A nomad in a suit: London, Frankfurt, Milan, Paris
    I would agree, but that is only becuase I have a long term relationship. I'm sure it's diff. is you are single and looking [​IMG]