1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What do you do when girls ask you...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by MilanoStyle, Apr 3, 2005.

1. maxnharry

maxnharry Senior member

I think you should just accept the compliment and move on. She obviously was interested in you and threw the line out there to see if you were interested in her.

2. von Rothbart

von Rothbart Senior member

This thread was only a little more than 2 years old. And, wow, how time has changed! Back then the OP bragged about his Cole Haan. Ever since the Shoe Fairy joined the forum, he single-handedly elevated the SF shoe quality to a different plane[​IMG]. Vass, JL, EG, G&G, Scafora, St. Crispin, Corthay, Kiton... are all we talk about.

3. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

if someone complemented me on my clothes, usually i do get alot of complements on my dress by women (hey, just stating the facts, not boasting here) i just thank them and return the complement in a tasteful way too.

they all know my shoes are way expensive so they already know i get them from exclusive sources. so they dont assume i get them at shoe mart or anything.

but if someone says 'nice tie, macys?'
    i actually thank them and get into a little small talk on where i got it and what makes it so qualitative, like i will show them the 7 fold construction and whatever . in a casual , comfortable way , and usually they are very intrigued and they say something like" wow, i guess i learn something new everyday" or " i never knew there was all that stuff that goes into neckties"

or something like that. not that i want to boast, or that i want to correct them on their mistake thinking i am kiton rather than mens wearhouse, i dont care about that, but the joy of sharing the info i know about the clothes i wear, i like to share that like a jesus convert running around always ready to share the gospel fanatically.
    [​IMG]

4. dkzzzz

dkzzzz Senior member

I am totally disgusted by how some people seem to make fun of, and put down, ugly people.

Who else would berate them and shake them to reality. As well as make them understand that they clearly have been slacking off for the past 195 thousand years.

5. Film Noir Buff

Film Noir Buff Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

HB = Hot Babe.
    I would give Tara Patrick 9 [​IMG]

Really? Id give her like an 11. [​IMG]

6. JSK

JSK Well-Known Member

so they dont assume i get them at shoe mart or anything.

I know what you're saying here, but I think people like the Shoemart. Considering they sell Santoni, you should like them too. [​IMG] A better example would be Payless Shoes.

7. dapperdude

dapperdude Senior member

This should go in a new forum entitled: "You know you're metrosexual when..."

8. The False Prophet

The False Prophet Senior member

I had an entertaining moment at a party a while back where some people decided to play a "Price is Right" style guessing game with the cost of my outfit.

They decided it was fairest to use full price for everything (I never pay full price) to give them a better visual gauge.

How amused was I to inform them that all of their guesses were less than just the retail on my shoes (Zegna chelsea boots, made by Ferragamo). I then hastily informed them that the rack rate for same was more than I in fact spend on the whole outfit on sale...

9. s4usea

s4usea Well-Known Member

The correct answer was "no, but thank you."

It was an ettiquette question, not a fashion one, and even if you felt she was being rude you should not have been be rude back. It would have cost you nothing to be nice to what seemed like an honest compliment and only would have refected well on you.

10. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

A compliment is a compliment....A bit of ego dressing is always good....