• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you do when girls ask you...

stache

Reaction score
I don't see the point of being rude to someone for fun, unless they're obviously being nasty to you. It's far better to be gracious and just move on.

jmswentworth

Reaction score
I don't see the point of being rude to someone for fun, unless they're obviously being nasty to you. It's far better to be gracious and just move on.
Yes, but it could be argued that she was rude to him, by implying that he wore BR.

oldskool

Reaction score
she was looking for an excuse to talk to you. it had nothing to do with fashion other than your mack opened a door.

Carlo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bravo Oldschool.

It takes guts for anyone to make the first contact. You respond politely and if involved say "My wife picked it out".

...c'mon guys, be nice - remember the cold sweats before asking whatshername to the prom.

and lets be honest, you know damned well that if asked a EHB (Extremely hot babe) you'd probably reply "Uhm, er uh well...."

:)

I do not miss the single life.

Andrew V.

Reaction score
A girl once compliment my apartment by saying, "I love Pier One."

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree with Oldskool,

Besides, it was obviously a compliment.  Some people happen to like BR.  Besides, an Asian dude in Toronto wearing a leather blazer, a shiny striped dark shirt, dark jeans and pseudo-designer footwear?  Unless one is pretty conversant with men's fashion/style, BR is a pretty safe guess.  

A reverse situation happened once when a girl stroked my chest and asked if my track jacket was DSquared.  Nope - real vintage, baby.

BTW, Milano style. Stash the leather blazer for a few years. It's not 1997 anymore. Don't worry, you'll have plenty of time to wear it in between 5 and 10 years time.

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I've learned one thing from this forum:

When a woman compliments you on your clothes - trip her, then push her into the gutter.

Problem solved.

rlevine

Reaction score
Just curious - you weren't at "inside," were you? I was just in Toronto and my friends took me there Friday night. Not sure if it is considered a "trendy" part of Toronto.

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guy, .. this thread has been joy for me to read. Actually gave me some funny ideas.
smile.gif
LA guy, I love my black leather blazer. Â It fits me so well and goes so well with a chilly night. Â I disagree with stashing my blazer. Â I do not care if it was in or out, if it looks good then it looks good. I'll wear it every time I step out to that dark night. rlevine, no, I did not even go to Inside. Â But I love Inside. Â Beautiful Bartenders
smile.gif
 Especailly one from Italy, she is total bella. Carlo, if EHB came to me and trying to complement my outfit, I would not even hesitate.  I would grab her waist and pull her in closely and ...
smile.gif

Luc-Emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the leather blazer always screamed "hollywood star in rehab" to me. I don't understand how one could wear such an atrocity. Milano, ImageWIs is right, she could have HB9+ friends
smile.gif
Luc

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the leather blazer always screamed "hollywood star in rehab" to me. I don't understand how one could wear such an atrocity. Milano, ImageWIs is right, she could have HB9+ friends
smile.gif
Luc
I used to think that way. But I come to realize that it is MORE COMMON for pretty girls to hang out with prettier girls.

Walter

Reaction score
I would answer "no I had them made by my tailor. But thanks for asking. What is your name? "

newyorker

Reaction score
I am totally disgusted by how some people seem to make fun of, and put down, ugly people.

Panzeraxe

Reaction score
I agree - no matter how hot (or not) she was the proper answer would be to say thanks, make small talk for 10 seconds and move on.

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am totally disgusted by how some people seem to make fun of, and put down, ugly people.
Well said. What's happened to respect for all persons?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads