What did you eat last night for dinner?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Fabienne, Jan 31, 2005.

1. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

good hand pulled noodles are the best. I am a fran of Hung Ry in NYC.

2. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I know you did SF. I just don't actually love myself. Negative body image and all that.

Honestly, given what you've written here, I really don't think you understand the principle of the cheat day as well as you think. Certainly not in the capacity that I use it.

As for quality - that's irrelevant. If you want to eat it, you eat it. First off, if I only splurged on high quality shit, my cheat days would be $400. Secondly, the "trucker binge diet" is functionally what I wanted this particular cheat day. A bunch of shitty junk food that I don't normally eat but was craving. Next time, it might be a whole cheesecake and 2 pies. There are no quality restrictions. If one cheat day I feel like eating a whole wheel of some of that fancy ass cheese that MM's always eating, then I will. Thirdly, its a function of my diet as well. I eat very low carbs, only 2 slices of whole wheat along with fruit, so when I do cheat, I enjoy eating foods high in carbs. Because I crave them.

Its all in the mind man.

Now that sounds damn tasty. If I had a half way decent Chinese place here, who did authentic shit, I'd certainly give that a shot.

Now you're getting to the heart of it.

I have quite a bit of balance in my diet. I often go out for dinner by myself and try out new restaurants and foods. Now, when I'm not cheating, I usually avoid carb heavy foods and exceptionally fattening shit, but I try and vary it up. I've done this long enough to know that eating the same shit, day in and day out, is a fast track to the looney bin.

Also, I agree with you RE:MM's eating. One tiny ass piece of fish and a small hunk of cheese does not a day's meals make.

This is not only so far off the mark as to be laughable, it also shows just how naive you are about life in general.

No fasting involved here. Some people do, in fact, prefer a style of eating that involves long fasts. Its popular with some of the guys in H&B.

Noap! Most likely left over from when I was massively obese. I always had chubby little fingas, as the person who I used to take care of tells me.

I'll be even up with you soon enough. Another month in the gym and I should be around 210-215. You better start hitting those smoked meats harder if you want to keep ahead of me!

3. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

What does he know? Trust me, that stuff is dreck.

[​IMG]

Oh, here's some foie for you.

[​IMG]

4. mordecai

mordecai Immoderator

5. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

:(

6. mordecai

mordecai Immoderator

If I don't protect my investment who will?

7. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

Making a terrine this weekend?

8. lefty

lefty Senior member

Quote:
    As a psychological cheat that may have been fun but that's way too much fat to be a particularly good refeed. How did you look the next day?

When I was training more and cutting, my refeeds would be in the neighbourhood of about 8K cals of mostly carbs. 10 or so bagels, a few boxes of kids cereal, three pints of FF ice cream and pasta. Maybe 100 gms of fat all in. I would go into a food coma but come out clean on the other side. On my best day I woke up 9 lbs heavier but looked leaner and was string as hell in the gym.

Take a look at RFL if you want to dial this in a little.

lefty

9. itsstillmatt

10. mgm9128

mgm9128 Senior member

11. itsstillmatt

Hey Rambo, while it makes me sad that you aren't happy with yourself, I am glad to hear how you have turned shit around. Serious.

12. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

While I wouldn't go so far as to say that I've turned shit around (impending homelesness aside), I do appreciate it my friend. I don't think I'll ever be "happy" with myself. Whatever that means.

Also, I'm glad to see you're embracing your inner carnivore. Have you had the wonder that is the BBQ Baby Back Rib? Good eatin'.

13. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

What's the soup, and what is in the ravioli? Nice plating, but you too could benefit from having dishes of different shapes and sizes. Also, if you are having me over for dinner, kindly triple portion sizes. One ravioli? My Italian godmother would roll over in her grave, were she dead.

Echo the sentiments about Rambo.

14. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

No pictures, but I ate the crap out of parmesan crisps today. And also, fresh croissants and pain au chocolat. Remarkably, Moscow ID has a guy who makes some pretty good croissants and brioche - and even more astounding - more "French" than most bakeries I've tried in NYC, SF, or LA. Yes, Virginia, there is a Santy Clauz.

15. drmmr

drmmr Senior member

iammatt, please label your plates. kthxbai