What did you eat last night for dinner?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Fabienne, Jan 31, 2005.

1. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

this is from a few nights ago:

[​IMG]

2. SField

SField Senior member

Rambo I do really mean this in a nice way about loving yourself..

I totally understand the principle of cheat days. But there are better ways than that to do it. I'd look for higher fat versions of quality proteins, and probably better quality starches like potato, rice, pasta...

I think the conch and that is fine, but I do hope you'll choose higher quality fats and carbs in future. I mean, even from a culinary standpoint. I'm glad you tried pad thai. I think next time just be more exciting instead of just going on a trucker diet binge. But it's good that you use cheat days to satisfy curiosity and broaden horizons.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2011
  3. mgm9128

mgm9128 Senior member

Slow Roasted Lobster, Red Berry Coulis, Light Lemon Cream
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Tomme de Savoie
    [​IMG]

4. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

If I were to have a cheat day I would eat Chinese noodles from morning till night.

5. SField

SField Senior member

Yeah.... good hand pulled noodles... and dumplings.

6. itsstillmatt

So now you are hooked, huh?

I'm lucky in that I don't crave a lot of crap, and never sweets. I don't think I have the self control necessary to stay reasonably thin if I did.

7. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I don't crave anything in particular, but then again, I don't particularly restrict my diet. I could stand to lose 15 lbs, and I am doing so, slowly, mainly by just cutting out afternoon and evening cake (yeah, really.)

I used to be on a pretty regimented diet, in a sport that required us to make weight before every event. I was also never higher than 10% BF, and usually hovered just under 9, with a minimum of 7. It sucks. Especially during cutting period, you are always thing about food. Unless you are a professional athlete, or a fitness model, why would you subject yourself to this crap? I mean, it's good to not be obese or have heart disease or diabetes, but food is one of the great things in life. I'm not saying "eat like Rambo on a cheat day", because that also seems crazy. Isn't anyone going to argue for a bit of balance in life?

My question is more for mgm. I see your meals, and you only eat that once a day? That much food barely makes up a snack! I would be in hypoglycemic shock on your diet.

8. mgm9128

mgm9128 Senior member

I dislike greatly the concept of "cheat" meals: akin to a recovering addict snorting a line because it's the weekend.

9. itsstillmatt

I don't know man, that much berry sauce could fill you up.

I pretty much eat what I want, but I think a lot of people grow up eating shit, so it makes sense that they need to control their diets pretty strictly. The whole binge and fast concept behind cheat days strikes me as an eating disorder waiting to happen, so yeah, I'd argue for balance/

10. mgm9128

mgm9128 Senior member

I think most of my daily calories come in the form of cheese; I always eat cheese after dinner.

That wedge was shared between two. But eating a relatively low carbohydrate diet, I am rarely ever hungry anyway.

11. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

I know a guy that would order smoked salmon for breakfast but grab mystery meat sausage off his wife's plate. True story.

Rambo, you don't have some sort of lung disease, do you? I hope not but your fingers look like they have "clubbing" which is common in people that have cystic fibrosis, COPD, etc. Btw, skinny, I'm 5# more than you right now!

Dinner was just two bottles of wine (pics in the right thread later), cheese, meats, olives...yum. Three hours with Mrs. PIob just chatting, sipping wine, and nibbling. Life is good.

12. mgm9128

mgm9128 Senior member

I know my opinion on wine means next to nothing on this forum, but I would recommend this Sauvignon Blanc I drank with my dinner tonight.

[​IMG]

13. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

WTF? That stuff sucks.

14. mgm9128

mgm9128 Senior member

I don't think so. And, apparently, neither does Joël Robuchon, which is where I first had it.

15. erictheobscure

erictheobscure Senior member

Hmm. This reminds me that, after two years in Philly, I still haven't visited the hand drawn noodle place in Chinatown. Might have to correct that this week (or maybe even tomorrow).