Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What did you eat last night for dinner?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Fabienne, Jan 31, 2005.

1. mordecai

mordecai Immoderator

2. SField

SField Senior member

and the fact that those are the foods one chooses on a day off from a diet...

good god.

3. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I was shooting for a diabetic coma. Sadly, I failed in that endeavor.

I'll be honest, I have no idea what you're going for here? Is this a play on obesity or petrochemicals?

What do you want me to eat, pheasant under glass?

Last edited: Aug 20, 2011

4. mgm9128

mgm9128 Senior member

The question, I think, should be posed here is not why one would consume such a massive quantity of food in a single day, but, rather, how? The sheer volume alone seems grand enough to rupture the stomach of even the most corpulent of men. This is not a matter of physiology, or even biology; this is a matter of structural engineering.

5. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

I took my senior staff out for lunch yesterday, and had this great salad the place has, as well as some squid and charcut for appy. This made me a little full so dinner was just a baked panko coated chicken breast with some broc and cauli.

Today I am cheating. I'll have some baguette with my wine, meat, and cheese.

6. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

Taste and attitude, I believe. Fuck man, why the hell would you want to eat that stuff, and how much do you weigh?

7. erictheobscure

erictheobscure Senior member

This is just begging to be turned into one of those captioned gifs.

8. erictheobscure

erictheobscure Senior member

9. SField

SField Senior member

I mean judging from your hand in that photo you're probably a big dude...

what I'm saying is that you've been on a diet and even the most monk like among us would crave foods that exceed the carb/fat macros and calories we'd be allowed... and that's the shit you choose?

If you are actually overweight, it's clear why you were. Lovely that you're doing something about it, but what you chose to eat, not to mention the shocking amount of it reveals a lot. I mean, I have those friends from college who could "eat anything" and not gain weight, and I think they'd struggle to put away half the stuff you did. I mean, it was all heavy junk food.

Eww dude. You need to love yourself more.

10. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

I love myself every night, and sometimes in the morning too. I'm still fat.

11. SField

SField Senior member

I mean, true, but you don't treat your body like a fucking trash can.

12. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

My body is a temple. A temple of jawnz.

13. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

My body is a temple. Of Buddha.

14. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Just because you're a puny girly man, doesn't mean you're still not a good person.

[​IMG]

:happy:

Why? 3 reasons:

1) Physical - The massive intake of calories sparks my metabolism. Many lifters do this on a weekly basis. I've kind of grown out of that and only really do it every two weeks or whenever I'm having some serious cravings.

2)Psychological - I keep to a fairly strict eating plan. Its not Nazi esque (I split a dessert yesterday with the person I used to take care of) but doesn't really allow for eating any of these types of food. If I didn't allow myself the ability to enjoy the foods that I crave or have interest in trying I'd go fucking insane and eventually bust up my "diet".

3)Mental - It wasn't really evidenced in this past cheat day, but I'm a big proponent of overeating until you don't want the thing you've been craving any longer. I, for the life of me, cannot remember the psychological theorem attached to this. The general gist goes like this - you crave cheesecake, you eat so much cheesecake that you never want to look at it again, even to the point that it makes you sick, you don't crave cheesecake for a LONG, LONG time.

Mostly, these days, I just go around and eat foods that I'm not normally allowed to eat, or try out new places with food that sounds interesting to me. For instance, it wasn't in the pics, but I had Pad Thai for lunch. Why? All carbs (noodles). I was craving it so I had some. I had been wanting to try that crepe place and the conch place for the longest. So I did. Now, I don't have to think about trying them every time I drive by. I've done it and its over. Now, I can move on to new shit to try.

I weigh about 210 at the moment.

Aww SF, you care so much. :)

And, for the record, I'm not overweight any longer. I used to be bigger than Kyle and Matt combined. Probably you too since you're a skinny fucker. I'm not any longer, nor am I EVER getting back to that point again.

As for loving myself, that's probably never going to happen. I'll always be a fat mutant in my head.

FTFY

15. randallr

randallr Senior member

Rambo and I have met IRL. He isn't fat...just really built.