• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

lance konami

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
No offense, but that's textbook amjack.

cimg3610mo8.jpg

AA
Crate
Vans

Crates seem a little short but still a good fit, and the choker isn't really working here. It's kind of distracting.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Calvin, I personally didn't think it looked very good. It's not like it's "creative" or anything. I thought most clothes with skulls were lame 2 years ago when they were popular. I think by saying it's textbook amjack was a response to the other poster acting like it was really original. He was just pointing out that people who he doesn't really respect stylewise make similar clothing choices.

Whodini. I still think the jeans are more short than "cleaner because they don't stack" like you claimed last time you posted them. Especially with slip ons like that they look a little bit off because of your more casual style. I think GS gets away with it because he wears them almost as slacks and usually with dress shoes, plus it kind of suits his ensembles. For the casual, slightly western/LA look you generally go for, it just isn't that complimentary. I don't really care for "stacking" but just a slight break.

edit: I feel bad critiquing lately because i haven't posted many fits in the past few weeks. Truth is, i haven't really been doing much. I work most every day, and if i go out at night, it's usually rushed and i don't have time for a decent picture. I'll try to find an excuse to wear non work or basketball shorts soon.

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by quevola
Actually, they are Levis cords and like most of my pants they fit like ****. Can't seem to get sizing right.

Just chill a little, try going down one notch on the belt and let them sit on the hips. Levi's cords are nice and on reflection I think the poor choice is to wear a shirt and pants so similar in color.

apocalypse later

Reaction score
Whodini, my old Crates look great on you :p. Funny how quickly things change hands around here.

I personally think that your look is much cleaner without the stacking.

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by berlin report
Rye, did you go to the B&BinB? You owe me a show report
smile.gif

Unfortunately no. We just signed on with a European distributor based in Düsseldorf. He's in possession of the spring line so will commence with any shows remaining in Europe. I'll be at Project NYC next week (SoCal can catch up with me there, to see what a nice guy I can be. I'll be at the Hudson, only a "large" stones throw from his place
smile.gif
) then I'm off to England for a break.

gqreader239

Reaction score
Originally Posted by quevola
Thanks for all the great input - I better be careful, this **** can get addicting. Here are the same pants in beige worn lower on the hip without a belt. Any better?

Penguin
Levis 514 cords (28x30)
Cole Haan boots

HPIM0181.jpg

HPIM0180.jpg

HPIM0183.jpg

hey how long have you had those pants? how many cycles have you gone through already? I have the same pairs I got from the levis sale and after a couple of washes they seemed to fit better all around. Maybe you should try washing/drying them a couple times to break them in.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
The buttoning is what gives some people the slightly feminine impression. I still like the way I have it buttoned, but a picture with another cardigan from months ago gave a couple people a similar impression, so it seems to be a more widespread thing than I'd imagined. I might change up, I might not. In any case, you're right, I can't imagine wearing even a very thin cardigan like this again for a couple months at least, so I guess I have plenty of time to decide. My PBJs will see action, though, I'm sure.
The buttoning suggests an hourglass shape, while the open top looks like a woman's top. And the lack of cleavage payoff, is, well, just cold-hearted. Don't be such an ice queen, Sauce.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I wish i was able to put things as you did J. I think the hourglass shape effect and would be cleavage is exactly what i was thinking. I have the same problem with my AA cardigan. I usually opt to just wear it open because i get a feminine vibe in the mirror when i tinker with buttoning options. Yes, that was intended to be slightly dirty.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
I think its really funny when someone is wearing rather expensive jeans, with chucks and a 12$ t-shirt.

just thought i'd share.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I personally like the very little break who has on his crates. I much prefer it to cuffs, that's for sure.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
The buttoning suggests an hourglass shape, while the open top looks like a woman's top. And the lack of cleavage payoff, is, well, just cold-hearted. Don't be such an ice queen, Sauce.
I see it in theory, it just didn't strike me that way. This is a good reason to post, though--I'm not always the best judge of an outfit's effect. Thanks for the advice, boys. PM me for cleavage shots.

calvin1663

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Calvin, I personally didn't think it looked very good. It's not like it's "creative" or anything. I thought most clothes with skulls were lame 2 years ago when they were popular. I think by saying it's textbook amjack was a response to the other poster acting like it was really original. He was just pointing out that people who he doesn't really respect stylewise make similar clothing choices.

whatever, i could care less...

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
I see it in theory, it just didn't strike me that way. This is a good reason to post, though--I'm not always the best judge of an outfit's effect. Thanks for the advice, boys. PM me for cleavage shots.
PM sent
bounce2.gif

Seriously, the buttoning is what does it... If you fastened all the buttons, it wouldn't look so curvy.*

*No ****.
marchal.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads