What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flsxik

flsxik Senior member

i need to contribute soon. Maybe tomorrow. sXXXe, once again great fit. You kill it with the leather.

2. metkirk

metkirk Senior member

I was just going to comment that he looks awfully Chinese for a Viet. Then again, it is often the case that the leading class -- who he clearly is a member of as he is attending university in the US -- of that country are of Chinese blood.

Are you talking about me??? [​IMG] Do I look Chinese [​IMG] ???

3. likewtfyo

likewtfyo Active Member

[​IMG]

No brand zip up sweater
    RL polo
    Nudie SJ
    Lacoste

that's a nice looking rl polo.

4. Bona Drag

Bona Drag Senior member

that's a nice looking rl polo.

Cut the bullsh**, okay? What matters is, have we verified his ethnicity yet?

5. DNW

DNW Senior member

I was just going to comment that he looks awfully Chinese for a Viet. Then again, it is often the case that the leading class -- who he clearly is a member of as he is attending university in the US -- of that country are of Chinese blood.
    Now that's some junk you're talking. Just because there was a contingent of wealthy Chinese merchants in the Cho Lon area before the Communist took over doesn't mean they constituted the "leading" class. After '75, most of those Chinese left because they didn't want to go to reeducation camps. BTW, he looks Viet to me. At least the part I could see.

6. Bona Drag

Bona Drag Senior member

Also, VM, I'm a little late with this, but that's a damn fine look you've got there; I'm usually anti tucking anything into jeans, let alone a shirt and a sweater, but you really make it work here. And those Corpus are still pretty damn dark for five months - how much wear did they get a week, on average?

Any close-up pics of the boots?

7. digital_denim

digital_denim Big Lose

Is this some kind of passive agressive asian on asian hating going on?

8. whacked

whacked Senior member

Now that's some junk you're talking. Just because there was a contingent of wealthy Chinese merchants in the Cho Lon area before the Communist took over doesn't mean they constituted the "leading" class. After '75, most of those Chinese left because they didn't want to go to reeducation camps.

BTW, he looks Viet to me. At least the part I could see.

I have to agree with DarkNWorn here. I'm from Vietnam and attending an U.S. university myself, but last time I check, people of Chinese origin don't constitute the Vietnamese "leading class" (or even a significant portion of that).

Aside, there exists no accurate way to distinguish Chinese/Korean/Vietnamese etc. just from their looks.

Back to the topic guys..

9. metkirk

metkirk Senior member

I have to agree with DarkNWorn here. I'm from Vietnam and attending an U.S. university myself, but last time I check, people of Chinese origin don't constitute the Vietnamese "leading class" (or even a significant portion of that).

Aside, there exists no accurate way to distinguish Chinese/Korean/Vietnamese etc. just from their looks.

Back to the topic guys..

Chà o bạn [​IMG] Ở đâu vậy [​IMG] Nice to see another Viet on this forum [​IMG]

Anyway, I'm pretty good at distinguishing Chinese/Korean/Vietnamese. Often I'm right 90% of the times about Asian people's origin.

10. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

I suppose at a time the leading class in Vietnam--or Annam as it used to be known--were Chinese since the nation was a tributary state of Imperial China all the way until the early 20th century.

11. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

Back to the topic guys..

yeah, if you can't tell the difference between chinese/vietnamese and korean....i don't know what to say. chinese and vietnamese would be tougher, but any other asian race and korean is pretty obvious, also japanese is pretty obvious as well.

12. Bandwagonesque

Bandwagonesque Senior member

Just trying to keep warm. All I want for Christmas now is at least 6 inches of soft snow to form a good ski base.
    [​IMG]

13. DNW

DNW Senior member

I suppose at a time the leading class in Vietnam--or Annam as it used to be known--were Chinese since the nation was a tributary state of Imperial China all the way until the early 20th century.

It's true that for many periods during the last 2000 years Vietnam was a tributary state of China, but there was hardly a time when Chinese composed of the leading class of Vietnam. Much of the local governance was left to the Vietnamese throughout the period. Since the French colonial time, there was never a time when Chinese composed of the leading class in Vietnam, though they were an influential part of the merchant class.

In any case, this topic doesn't belong here. Sorry about the distraction.

14. seanchai

seanchai Senior member

yeah, if you can't tell the difference between chinese/vietnamese and korean....i don't know what to say. chinese and vietnamese would be tougher, but any other asian race and korean is pretty obvious, also japanese is pretty obvious as well.

www.alllooksame.com

15. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I mean leading class, according to me.

I am comfortable with my chauvinism.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.