• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cultpop 0217
excellent. you look like a more stylish brad pitt in this shot.
Wow, dude. Thanks, though I can pretty much promise you that's gotta be a trick of the camera.... I did have a panhandler tell me that I looked like Brad Pitt once. I was flattered for a second, but then he asked me for money. I mean, no hate, he's doing what he's gotta do, but that took the wind out of the compliment. You don't need money, do you? :p
Originally Posted by ken
Sauce, was that jacket tailored or just very, very expensive? Or maybe it's a girl's jacket. Either way, killer.
None of the above! Just a lucky eBay find, and the seller actually provided pretty detailed measurements. Also, another great outfit, man.
Originally Posted by Get Smart
Sauce, KILLER photo!! How many did you have to take to get that perfect shot????
Honestly, just two. The first one to figure out the timing, then another, otherwise I was going to be late for work... again....
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
Sauce, you do a good job of making vans old skools look sophisticated.
Thanks! Those are actually my brand new black/white Sk8 Hi's.
inlove.gif

cultpop 0217

I, Manface
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ken
Sauce, was that jacket tailored or just very, very expensive? Or maybe it's a girl's jacket. Either way, killer.

Saw the tie on dk7m, enjoyed the tie on dk7m, stole the tie from dk7m:
vests.png

very nice.

its hard to pull off puffy vests imo and that is perfect.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ken

Saw the tie on dk7m, enjoyed the tie on dk7m, stole the tie from dk7m:
vests.png

Too fussy for me but looks good on you, Ken
smile.gif

dk7m

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
Sauce, KILLER photo!! How many did you have to take to get that perfect shot????

Ken, nice to see you back in action, you manage to make an orange puffy vest look cool, and the vest-on-vest is really a unique take that I'd never think would work but I like the way it looks on you.

+1, awesome photo sauce and ken, i really like that vest on vest look as well. What vest do you have under the puffy vest? Looks like some sort of tuxedo vest.

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dk7m
+1, awesome photo sauce and ken, i really like that vest on vest look as well. What vest do you have under the puffy vest? Looks like some sort of tuxedo vest.

It's a suit vest, but under that I have on a tuxedo vest. And under the tuxedo vest I have on another puffy vest.

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Guys can say what they want about velvet, but when a girl says she likes it, she's usually touching me and has a twinkle in her eye.

Besides, I've been out of the country for three years and claim bad-trend ignorance.

Good to see you all as well, thanks!

Oh, glasses--not issue, but bought through the military ordering system. Issue frames are too square for my face, make me look like a fat, weak Dolf Lundgren.

Tom

Double D

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ken
He stole it out of my wardobe. I actually had to double take, but it's not quite the same. Lush jacket anyhow.

Reaction score
sauce, that's awesome. i've got that shirt, or a facsimile of it. nice shot, and nice get-up. ken, nice! i like the orangey end of the spectrum, but i can't pull it off myself, so i am jealous that you can. i want a puffy vest like that and a waistcoat, but i can't find any that suits me. good work.

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dcfc0070wj2.jpg

Joshua s

Reaction score
First time to contribute to this topic. Very self-conscious.....:/
323150023_73dface14b_b.jpg

323150020_62c26da990_b.jpg

GAH! I look like such a dork. My hip looks out of joint and I look totally ridiculous with my head cocked like that, but that's because I'm trying to keep from cutting my head off in the pics. Had to use my old Powershot A95 because it's the widest angle thing I had. You'd think someone who owned a DSLR and called himself a photographer could do a more decent job.......
Man, I'm being hard on myself today!

Anyway,

the shirt is by Structure
Jacket is from TJ Maxx. Got it on sale for $30 on Black Friday. (First time for me in TJ Maxx AND first time to shop on Black Friday.)
jeans are from Old Navy (recall the topic about possible raw denim at ON? These are the ones I was talking about.)
Timberlands that are around two years old. Gave 'em a good polish recently....they really need another one......

My sis-in-law found the polo while thrift shopping. Believe she said she picked it up for $1. She just popped in one day and gave it to me. She's a bit of a compulsive buyer....
wink.gif

(Note: My sis-in-law doesn't normally buy me clothes, so I was a bit surprised when she gave it to me.)
I actually like this shirt. 5% spandex, so it's nice and soft....and a wee bit stretchy.
smile.gif

I...look...so....marsupialed.......*sigh*
musicboohoo[1].gif

I promise if I ever post another pic that they won't look so dumb......

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Joshua. But if you're a photographer, take a look at some of the guys here who take good photos - Saucemaster, cheapmutha, cultpop... then get some ideas for next time. Leaning against a beige wall is Get Smart's trademark.

Joshua s

Reaction score
I guess I could just imitate Brian and pose improperly
devil.gif
j/k Seriously though, Saucemaster does an amazing job of looking un-posed.
worship.gif
I'll be experimenting with some different things over the next couple of weeks since I have time to waste for a bit now that exams are over..... Oooh....that sounded suggestive......Poses I mean, I'll be experimenting with different poses!
teacha.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads