• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you reading?

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That Karason looks interesting. Have you read Polar Star by Martian Cruz Smith?
Nope never heard of it, in fact! But it sounds kinda awesome!

Good poiunts. Ironically, its written by someone that's pretty hated himself

Yeah I mean, I don't want to belabor this discussion too much and I think I posted this in another review but Bolton has to be the smartest guy in the room (that doesn't make him unique in any way). You're also not getting a school of thought when you hire Bolton, you just get Boltonism. So the book amounted to him proving he's the smartest guy in the room and justifying everything he did which WAS OBVIOUSLY CORRECT FROM THE START. I did think a lot of the sausage making about how government works at that high a level was interesting and wish there was more about his managerial decision and how to streamline decisionmaking etc.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just read Kirsten Grind's, "The Lost Bank. The Story of Washington Mutual-The Biggest Bank Failure in American History."

Everyone got greedy on the home loans.

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BetterAngles.jpg

Very long and somewhat repetitive after a time but all is forgiven because it's a very good and well researched book.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just finished "The Untold Story Of The Family Behind The Jewelry Empire, The Cartiers" by Francesca Cartier Brickell.

Its a very fascinating book about the Cartier family and they meet all the most interesting people in history when they build their empire. The author is a descendent of the family.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that author decided at some point in his life: I am gonna become a ghengis khan fan boy. and he followed through.

Well, he was an anthropology professor... Being a Genghis Khan fanboy is probably less depressing than being a Braves fan.

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The nonsense taking over the streets these days and the politicians aiding into it all have made me start reading 1984. It's amazing just how much of it can be overlapped with a certain movement these days.

Orwell is amazing. Last year I've read his non-fiction books The Road to Wigan Pier, Down and Out in Paris and London and Homage to Catalonia, basically one after another cause they were so good, both insightful and entertaining.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just finished "The Iron Triangle. Inside the Secret World of the Carlyle Group" by Dan Briody.

Never got to finish this book and finally did. I need to work for this place.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Orwell is amazing. Last year I've read his non-fiction books The Road to Wigan Pier, Down and Out in Paris and London and Homage to Catalonia, basically one after another cause they were so good, both insightful and entertaining.
I really liked Keep The Aspidistra Flying as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads