• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What are you reading?

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey that was just one store. I imagine the day's haul would be double or triple that (and inflation has halved the buying power of the dollar since 1990)

A while ago she caught flack for having something like 25 street parking permits.
I remember that. Its funny that with a house in the tens of millions that it lacks a adequate parking and why does she need that many cars?!

Adsky Luck

Reaction score
Am currently laboring through American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis on the second attempt to beat it.
It's not a well-written book and in places very boring, not to mention controversial, however it does appear on some lists of "100 books you should read b4 you die".
Having said that, the protagonist is into male attire, drops brand names, some of which are still staples here, and in places it reads like it could have been written by one of the regulars in WAYWRN on classic menswear )
For example...
psycho.jpg

Last edited:

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I enjoyed American Psycho but remember Less Than Zero being way better. Glamorama was the one I couldn't finish and then kinda forgot about BE Ellis.

Also, the gruesomeness of AP didn't even phase me back then, as I was just coming off of Exquisite Corpse by Poppy Z. Brite.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My scary book for October
1602030970665254253639984620542.jpg

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My horror show of a book, which I just finished, was Enemy at the Gates. My god, I can't even begin to name some of the things accounted in that book that proves that we are the true monsters which our ancestors have projected into myths.

I'm now reading Quicksilver, by Neal Stepehnson - I haven't been so delighted by a clever historical fiction book since I read Baudalino, by Umberto Eco.

1602561638995.png

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami