• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are some classes everyone should take in college?

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't really see how calculus would be useful to most people. Statistics, on the other hand, is essential. It is incredibly annoying trying to argue with some people that have absolutely no knowledge of it. You would think that much fo statistics is commonsense, but so many people do not get it.

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by username79
Are you drunk?
rotflmao.gif

Originally Posted by GQgeek
I don't really see how calculus would be useful to most people. Statistics, on the other hand, is essential. It is incredibly annoying trying to argue with some people that have absolutely no knowledge of it. You would think that much fo statistics is commonsense, but so many people do not get it.

I though calculus was a waste of time. Stats on the other hand it not.

Originally Posted by wheelsx45
Small Group Communication is a fun class to meet people and also improve your skills working with a group. If you haven't already acquired this skill from the workplace, this is a place to start.

Accounting is something I think everyone should take, it will help you understand your fiances better and also be helpful if you decide to start a small business.

+1

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am constantly astounded by how many people at my school should take diversity or race relations. Even simple geography.

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
entry level art classes

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Anatomy and Physiology series, Medical Terminology, Statistics (or Measurement in Exercise Science), and Philosophy have all been very useful to me, and I think would useful to most people in everyday life.

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robertorex
I am constantly astounded by how many people at my school should take diversity or race relations. Even simple geography.

I took a bunch of race, religion and one geography class. Race and religion is all the same, but geography is kinda interesting.

Originally Posted by johnapril
entry level art classes

+1 Very fun and a great way to meet girls.

chas

Reaction score
Historical Geology. This single class that I took over a decade ago has allowed me to cut through all of the BS from both sides on the current global warming debate. It is amazing how many people have strong opinions on this subject and they really don't know **** about the history of the planet.

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek

+1, from the social sciences to the hard sciences stats courses are useful.

closetmess

Reaction score
We had a Speech/Public Speaking course at my liberal arts college. The British prof was hilarious and it was great to see everyone "suffer" through the same embarassments of getting up every week in front of the class with a prepared speech or impromptu topic.

Although in retrospect, the only people that took this course didn't really need it...so many awkward people out there...

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Berticus
A lot of people seem to suggest taking economics, but I didn't find it very useful. It's all very obvious stuff. I'm still surprised people managed to not get an A. I'm not quite sure what's so hard about reading a balance sheet. So I guess if you're gonna take an economics class, don't go for the introductory ones?
I think you answered your own question, stuff that was obvious to you was not very obvious to the people who had a hard time getting an A. Also, what introductory econ class has you looking at balance sheets? I completed a top econ program without once looking at a balance sheet in an econ class (or really, looking at anything with actual numbers)...I believe that is called accounting and finance.

Originally Posted by ryoneo
+1 Very fun and a great way to meet girls.
Yeah...it is. Unfortunately I realized today that I somehow managed to end up in the only art class without attractive girls...wtf
I wan't my art101 back

Tad Ferguson

Reaction score
Speech classes. The more comfortable you can get with speaking in front of people the better. It's one of those classes that sticks with you and just helps you in the real world.

ikemen

Reaction score
critical thinking.
philosophy of thought.
writing and communication skills!
business/professional etiquette
methods of analysis

oman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
In all seriousness I think everyone should take ethical philosophy at some point in their university career. The usefulness of just about everything else will depend on the person teaching it and how they go about it.

Why? What the hell is ethical philosophy and why will it benefit me more than other courses that depend on the quality of the teacher?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics