• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

what a good cheap pair of raw denim to fade?

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Because mods can't be on 24/7 just to weed the garden​

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Stewbone

Reaction score
Dont get a bad pair of raw denim. If your going to get a pair of raws then do it right and up your budget to around 150-200$+.

Popular skinny designs for a cheap brand like nudies is Thinn Finn or Slim Jim.

And wearing your jeans skinny is actually interesting because instead of honeycombs you get raptor claws.

axe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ge Fuzz
Check out GAP 1969 Selvedge, they run about $88 and can be worn skinny.
Those hardly fade at all, same for the H&M Sliq, they look ok but they won't fade.

Ge Fuzz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by axe
Those hardly fade at all, same for the H&M Sliq, they look ok but they won't fade.

why not? I couldn't get 501s to fade but Ive seen pics on Sufu of sick 501 fades. Surely the Gaps are at least good quality as $25 levis? I mean, how do you know?

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
How did you not get 501s to fade? I had a white wallet fade after the first day of wearing them (which happened to be while skating), too bad I also got my first hole in them on the first day

seany

Reaction score
The Gaps def fade

I own the Gap Skinny's Raw/Rigid selvedge 1969 denim

and the wallet is def fadeing, like-wise is the honey combs and some areas of the crotch.

I've owned them for about two weeks, wore them about 3-4 days per week.

Ge Fuzz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
How did you not get 501s to fade? I had a white wallet fade after the first day of wearing them (which happened to be while skating), too bad I also got my first hole in them on the first day

yeah I dunno...I wore them almost every day for about 3 months and I got nothin'... The only thing is maybe because they are rather loose, and also I don't wear them as hard as some people and 3 months isn't enough time but I should have got something other than a little wallet fade...But my APCs faded and I wasn't even trying with those, I washed them abunch and didn't even wear them that much.

axe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ge Fuzz
why not? I couldn't get 501s to fade but Ive seen pics on Sufu of sick 501 fades. Surely the Gaps are at least good quality as $25 levis? I mean, how do you know?
I own a pair. 501s fade much more easily than the Gaps do, from what I've seen firsthand. YMMV though.

markdc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by drok1mf
I want a pair of skinny raw denim jeans that I can fade. I don't plan on washing them for months maybe even a year. I really like the classic 501 levis but their really baggy before washing them. If I wash them once will they still be stiff and keep the indigo? If you know any other brands of cheap raw denim, salvage is a plus let me know, don't forget I want them to be skinny. thanks

Try the Levi's 501 STF (shrink-to-fits).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads