• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Westvleteren Beers

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
$180? ain't **** to a baller.

on the spot its more like 25 to 30
smile.gif

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Westv is good, but it's not worth $30.

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade

i meant that for a sixpack. its still a lot but not that much more than some other belgian beers.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nahneun
ed, how did you procure your bottles of westvleteren?

I have a VERY generous friend. Winning.

Originally Posted by grimslade

YOU'RE BACK! I think it is. But I don't think the $180 per sixer is worth it. If that makes sense.

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are a few European webshops that occasionally carry Westy 12, along with a few other varities. You will still pay a premium for them because of International shipping, a single 12oz bottle runs about $30...

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
I have a VERY generous friend. Winning.

YOU'RE BACK! I think it is. But I don't think the $180 per sixer is worth it. If that makes sense.

Thanks, Ed. Not really. I still pop in when I can. I expect I'll disappear again.

Like anything else, it's worth what you'll pay for it. But given the scarcity premium, make mine an Orval.

Cognacad

Reaction score
Westy is pretty hard to come by in Belgium, but it isn't that difficult. Know the right people and you can get your hands on many. Know no one and you can buy them in beer shops for 10-15 euros or something. Really not that bad if you haven't tried one before and considering the price of wine. That being said, I wouldn't ever pay that much for one. There are many beers that are much cheaper and easier to come by that are just a little worse, as good, or arguably better.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dragon8
In San Francisco it does-at least in one of them because I signed up for an email alert when they had the "12" in stock.

Whole Foods carry the 8, 10 and 12. The 12 runs out quicker than the rest. Going there this week and it retails for $7.49.

Will pick one up and show you the receipt.

Put the receipt next to the bottle. ACtually save yourself the money take a photo of the display please.

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
Put the receipt next to the bottle. ACtually save yourself the money take a photo of the display please.

He's probably confused with Westmalle, which is easy to find and a decent drink in its own right..

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
he's definitely confused.

the Westvl. 12 is great, but imo not that much better than Rochefort 12 which is widely available and can be had a lot cheaper. I bought a few bottles in Belgium some years back but would never bother to do so again.

even in Belgium I paid between 6 Euros and 12 Euros / bottle, and that was 5 years ago

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by makewayhomer
he's definitely confused.

the Westvl. 12 is great, but imo not that much better than Rochefort 12 which is widely available and can be had a lot cheaper. I bought a few bottles in Belgium some years back but would never bother to do so again

I presume you mean Rochefort 10, they don't make a 12 only 6, 8 and 10. The 12 floating around online is a fake.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads