• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Weekend

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

where is that at, and did the pirates accost you?

A lovely hotel called La Voile d'Or in St-Jean Cap Ferrat. Highly recommended if you're in the area

1249575.jpg

If by pirates accosting me you mean the front desk handing out the bill, yes, they did.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

A lovely hotel called La Voile d'Or in St-Jean Cap Ferrat. Highly recommended if you're in the area
1249575.jpg

If by pirates accosting me you mean the front desk handing out the bill, yes, they did.

just beautiful. i certainly would love to be in that area, and stay there.

lol, i meant the pirate ship sporting the jolly roger in the background of your pic.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

So in light of my quest to look less like an extra from Monarch of the Glen, I've been purchasing things that people tell me are age appropriate.

On the missus' insistence I recently purchased two non-collared shirts from H&M (something I didn't own except as sleepwear) and a hooded sweatshirt from the same, which I'm told are age appropriate clothes. 

I know this really belongs in SW&D but I don't understand anything they talk about, so I wanted to get opinions on whether these fit, and whether I look like the first semester philosophy major hippie I feel like when I put the hoodie on, or whether I should actually keep the monstrosity.

Thanks for the input.

Henley's snug and the sweater is big. I don't like either.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've always worn Reefs to the beach ever since I was a kid... There are shoes out there that are practical and comfortable in that situation... and not hideously ugly.

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I've always worn Reefs to the beach ever since I was a kid... There are shoes out there that are practical and comfortable in that situation... and not hideously ugly.

To the person who posted a picture of flip-flops, go wash your mind out with soap. Those things are an abomination.

:nodding:

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So in light of my quest to look less like an extra from Monarch of the Glen, I've been purchasing things that people tell me are age appropriate.

On the missus' insistence I recently purchased two non-collared shirts from H&M (something I didn't own except as sleepwear) and a hooded sweatshirt from the same, which I'm told are age appropriate clothes. 

I know this really belongs in SW&D but I don't understand anything they talk about, so I wanted to get opinions on whether these fit, and whether I look like the first semester philosophy major hippie I feel like when I put the hoodie on, or whether I should actually keep the monstrosity.

Thanks for the input.

The Henley, though form-fitting, as noted elsewhere, is OK, so long as you remain your current weight (you skinny bastard, I am officially jealous). The hoodie is a monstrosity - the only reason to retain it is to remain in the good graces of the lady of the household - it otherwise does nothing for you. Just my $.02.

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Liam O,
I'd burn return both.
Neither do I think they are especially nice pieces of modern/very casual clothing, nor do they any favour to you.
One thing I had to learn in life was, not to lisen to what the other sex thought would look stylish on men or myself in general.
You do not tell her how to dress, she does not tell you, end of story.
It bewilders me why so many women think they have a clue about mens clothing.

Last edited:

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Henley looks good on you. Actually one of the best and more natural casual looks you've posted here. It is atad on the tight side but nothing that a good stretch before wear wouldn't fix. I don't think the hoodie works for you. You'd be better off with a casual jacket (e.g. Harrington or bomber) or a cardigan on top of that henley.

Sugarbutch - cool stuff. Would thumb if I could on ipad

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads