• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

pvrhye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Did some late Halloween shopping...
tumblr_lton26ABE01qcq3abo1_400.jpg

tumblr_ltomxnajAK1qcq3abo1_500.jpg
tumblr_ltomvfH14Y1qcq3abo1_500.jpg

Where'd you get the super tapered chinos?

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

They're +J (answered in another thread).

Plus, how disturbing is it I've (accidentally) memorized aeglus' entire wardrobe? Oh, hello, Uniqlo chambray of past seasons. And might I say how superior you are to their current offerings! :facepalm:

Last edited:

pvrhye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They're +J (answered in another thread).
Plus, how disturbing is it I've (accidentally) memorized aeglus' entire wardrobe? Oh, hello, Uniqlo chambray of past seasons. And might I say how superior you are to their current offerings! :facepalm:

Is that not referring to the chambray shirt?

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm not quite sure what that face means. As far as his hair is concerned I've seen his pictures appear elsewhere followed by "lol"s and other not so approving comments. To me it looks a bit try-hard GQish but that seems to be what he's going for...
Link? Also if I'm matching GQ at any time it's purely coincidental.
Aeglus looks good per usual. Does MC disapprove of his non conservative business dress hairstyle? Just curious.
I've never thought he's found the right cut for him, but it is always more interesting than the businessman's cut many in MC sport. It's probably one of the reasons I like gnatty's fits, the fact that he has non-standard hair.
I think this cut frames my face the best out of everything I've tried and it passes fairly conservative places (like Hyundai Capital's main office) without even a second glance.
I think that James Dean thing would only fly in South Korea, but I am in full agreement that the cropped cut 99% of the posters sport is utterly boring -- and in many cases a deficit. In some lines of work there's no getting away with anything else, but in many cases it seems like, despite a willingness to wear bold threads, the hair is the point of least flexibility. Strange.
My hair is a bit different from Dean's, but why would his hair not be fine in the USA? It's fairly conservative and usually looks good.
Did some late Halloween shopping...
tumblr_ltomxnajAK1qcq3abo1_500.jpg
tumblr_ltomvfH14Y1qcq3abo1_500.jpg
noobizor is right, they're +J tapered, TTS. My shirt is denim and from a normal collection a couple years back.

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think this cut frames my face the best out of everything I've tried and it passes fairly conservative places (like Hyundai Capital's main office) without even a second glance.

It works best, to my eye, in the images where you are in a club surrounded by a sea of people, wearing your red ToJ.

georgeharrison2_crop.jpg

George's was longer on the sides.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Stitchy - burn those shoes. Immediately. They look like they're carrying several diseases.

a new pair of gray suede adidas from spoo should be arriving today. at which time said diseased shoes will be disposed of with other biohazardous materials.

but the sweater is less slouchy right?

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

It works best, to my eye, in the images where you are in a club surrounded by a sea of people, wearing your red ToJ.

georgeharrison2_crop.jpg

George's was longer on the sides.

His hair is dope but mine is about 2-3x longer on top compared to his right now. It touches my lip with no product. I'm sort of tempted to cut my top hair a bunch again just to cut 2 minutes off of my monrnings.

southbound35

Reaction score

I think his shirt doesn't go with the bottom at all and am not sure what it would look great with to be honest. Not liking the color much.

That shirt is great, Alwaysdressed! May I ask who makes it?

So, it's unanimous. :lol:

I agree that the shirt is too casual for the more formal pants and shoes. As for the color, that's a tough one; if you wore it with brown cords, it would be too matchy-matchy. I think it would work best as a jacket/shirt worn unbuttoned over something else with jeans.

Also, please have a tailor shorten the sleeves. The rollback isn't working.

Last edited:

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Last Warm Day Before the Cold Comes to the South

This is your best fit so far! Marvelous! Your legs seem much longer than before and your whole body is perfectly proportional. You should stick to higher rise and shorter sweaters. A+.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads