• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MarkThomas

Reaction score
Wow, I leave for a week and miss so much hah!

I don't have any "ink" myself, but I think Joshua's makes him look like a badass. I love the contrast of (what that rude fellow referred to as) "dad clothes" with the tattoos. I think it adds a good amount of interest to the simple look that Joshua favors.

Moving on...
Going to get the blazer tailored a bit (sleeves taken up, shortened, brought in a touch)...

Agree with what's been said on the lapel and shirt front. Just too thin, and the notch is so small it's almost a shawl collar. Weird to not see buttons and then buttoned all the way up w/o a tie. You could get away with the hidden buttons if you wore a tie. And, my preference would be a less bulky belt. Thinner to compliment your frame and the dressy jacket better.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Wow, I leave for a week and miss so much hah!

I don't have any "ink" myself, but I think Joshua's makes him look like a badass. I love the contrast of (what that rude fellow referred to as) "dad clothes" with the tattoos. I think it adds a good amount of interest to the simple look that Joshua favors.

Moving on...

Agree with what's been said on the lapel and shirt front. Just too thin, and the notch is so small it's almost a shawl collar. Weird to not see buttons and then buttoned all the way up w/o a tie. You could get away with the hidden buttons if you wore a tie. And, my preference would be a less bulky belt. Thinner to compliment your frame and the dressy jacket better.

This is great feedback guys! I learned more in about 5 minutes about style than I have in...well, a while:

• 1" lapels is pushing it (is this a conservative thing, or just any time...)
  • No buttoning top button of shirt if no tie (I almost never do, but for some reason did for the photo!)
  • Hidden placket sans tie is iffy
  • Thinner belt better for dressier jacket, maybe in general for smaller body type

Is some sheen on a blazer okay, or is that odd?

MZhammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is great feedback guys! I learned more in about 5 minutes about style than I have in...well, a while:

• 1" lapels is pushing it (is this a conservative thing, or just any time...)
  • No buttoning top button of shirt if no tie (I almost never do, but for some reason did for the photo!)
  • Hidden placket sans tie is iffy
  • Thinner belt better for dressier jacket, maybe in general for smaller body type

Is some sheen on a blazer okay, or is that odd?

Definitely anytime. 1" lapels will always and forever be very fashion forward, sometimes in style and sometimes out (like 70's width lapels are now) but they will never be accepted as a standard business dress width.

If it's patchy sheen on high contact areas it's bad, that results from wear. If it's everywhere it could just be the style but again, that's always fashion forward.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Definitely anytime. 1" lapels will always and forever be very fashion forward, sometimes in style and sometimes out (like 70's width lapels are now) but they will never be accepted as a standard business dress width.

If it's patchy sheen on high contact areas it's bad, that results from wear. If it's everywhere it could just be the style but again, that's always fashion forward.

That's helpful. It never crossed my mind to wear that blazer in a business setting (except if I were a modern art dealer). :)

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
3.5" is considered the standard on lapel width, so 1" is really very, very thin.

I'm not a fan of sheen, especially on an odd jacket, which should be distinguishable from an orphaned suit coat.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Too matchy? :laugh:

Love the shirt, but not the bottom with it. Where did you get it?

To me they look silly.
As does the hidden placket of the shirt.

+100

It looks like it fits great.

The lapels are quite terrible to me.

My view is kind of weird though. A lot of style for men are things that used to be functional and are no longer not but shouldn't appear as non-functional. Lapels used to be the front of the jacket when it was buttoned all the way up. Eventually people stopped buttoning all of them and settled on the lower 3 (now 2) buttons and this eventually created the lapels. If you fold the lapels in, the jacket should somewhat appear to be able to close or overlap a little. Those don't and it looks really silly. But again, my warped view about things that are decorative but shouldn't appear so.

Am I wrong on any of that? I mean that's where the 3r2 came from, too, right?

Besides that, the V-shape and the proportions of the lapels can accentuate the chest-waist drop of a fit man or at least make a fat man look better. Also, the shoulders and head cannot be perceived separately from the lapels and the shirt collar. The right lapel and collar shapes will hide certain imperfections of your bone structure and accentuate the positives. It's all about proportions that are right for you and for your body type, not for the marketing campaign of Dior or some other fashion brand. They have to do ridiculous things to appeal to customers, but you don't.

Last edited:

Crat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Ace, that post was a bit of a troll though tbh; I rly don't coordinate what I wear when I go fishing.
Shirt is a silk Roda I bought locally a few years ago.

cbfn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks Ace, that post was a bit of a troll though tbh; I rly don't coordinate what I wear when I go fishing.
Shirt is a silk Roda I bought locally a few years ago.

Is that a city river?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads