• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Heykal

Reaction score
Today's outfit:
  • shoes: Fratelli Rossetti
  • socks: Pedemeia
  • trousers: Scavini
  • suspenders: Albert Thurston
  • shirt: Apposta
  • jacket/overshirt: Poszetka
  • scarf: Lafaurie.
Enjoy your day!
IMG_9850 Large.jpeg

IMG_9851 Large.jpeg

IMG_9852 Large.jpeg

IMG_9853 Large.jpeg

IMG_9854 Large.jpeg

wolfdale

Reaction score
IMG_1478.jpeg

Cheeky fit check at Uniqlo whislt shopping this afternoon in Tokyo. Maybe this fits better in streetwead & denim because of the faded jeans, but wearing them is the exception rather than the norm for me.

Also, what do you think of these c&j loafers ive been lusting over? Yay or nay? Want something versatile and leaning towards casual rather than dressy. I also have my eyes at the alden 986 lhs in color 8, so its one or the other for me

Attachments

• IMG_1467.jpeg
    IMG_1467.jpeg
    348.5 KB · Views: 52

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Loafers look great but make sure you try on first. I have C and J Harvard 2. I’m a US 8.5 so got UK 7.5 and they fit very close. Very nice shoes especially with their city sole which is like a more refined rubber dainite but they’re too small for me so now reluctantly on sale on eBay.

wolfdale

Reaction score
Loafers look great but make sure you try on first. I have C and J Harvard 2. I’m a US 8.5 so got UK 7.5 and they fit very close. Very nice shoes especially with their city sole which is like a more refined rubber dainite but they’re too small for me so now reluctantly on sale on eBay.
Thanks! I dont understand my sizing, honestly. My AE park aves are 8.5E, my alden 975s are 8.5D but my trickers stows and my c&j chukkas are 8.5uk. Im also 8.5 in viberg 2030 🤷🏼‍♂️

These loafers in 8.5 fit me just right!

ppk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The UK->US sizing seems to be inconsistent. I usually wear 8.5 or 9 depending on the last, and I have UK 7.5, 8 and 9 that all fit. For me some shoes UK->US is 1/2 size up others it's a full size up.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The UK->US sizing seems to be inconsistent. I usually wear 8.5 or 9 depending on the last, and I have UK 7.5, 8 and 9 that all fit. For me some shoes UK->US is 1/2 size up others it's a full size up.
Yeah I’ve played the internet shoe size lottery many times and have by no means been lucky every time.
Even on a US Brannock device my toes are a little over the ‘9’ line and I don’t own any shoes in size 9.
Look at how every shoe thread on this forum devolves into comparative shoe sizing questions. It shouldn’t be this hard!

wolfdale

Reaction score
This is my very first time wearing a jacket on a regular day. Never been so dressed up when out casually, so I am feeling a bit self concious! At least here in tokyo I dont stick out at all.

On a separate note, do you think this jacket can be worn in spring and autumn?

IMG_1970.jpeg

Last edited:

Heykal

Reaction score
This is my very first time wearing a jacket on a regular day. Never been so dressed up when out casually, so I am feeling a bit self concious! At least here in tokyo I dont stick out at all.

On a separate note, do you think this jacket can be worn in spring and autumn?

View attachment 2154777
I like the look, in particular the chukkas and the jacket. I would have favored a V-neck: the "additional white" would have brought more "pop" to the outfit.

wolfdale

Reaction score
Thanks
I like the look, in particular the chukkas and the jacket. I would have favored a V-neck: the "additional white" would have brought more "pop" to the outfit.

Thanks, good shout, will try that soon. Whats the warmest temperature you think i could wear this (without a sweater) and not look out of place?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads